OYO - AVP - Data Science (12-16 yrs)
AVP - Data Science : Job Description
Founded in 2013, OYO is the fastest-growing hotel business in the world. We are now in more than 800 cities across 24 countries. Today, OYO is South Asia's largest, China's 2nd largest and the world's 6th largest chain of leased and franchised hotels, homes and living spaces! Valued at over $5 Billion, OYO has brought a paradigm shift in the hospitalit industry.
Pioneering and revolutionizing a fragmented space, we have enabled standardization of services, amenities and in-room experience. Through using our proprietary technology (all developed in-house), OYO has delivered predictable, affordable nd quality accommodation to millions of travellers in Asia and is expanding globally! If you like getting things done, OYO is the place for you. We are always looking for people who want to make a difference with their work. At OYO, you will be surrounded by motivated, skilled and fun-loving people who will value and support your out-of-the-box ideas. An innovative bunch of technology enthusiasts, here at OYO we stay motivated to keep changing the way people stay away from home - one experience at a time.
- The primary responsibility of the Data Scientist Leader will be to solve business problems using data and analytics and deliver projects with his team.
- He / She will be required to work with business partners to define data science requirements and work with team to build/deliver/implement the solutions.
-As a Leader, he/she will also be responsible for building and developing the team in collaboration with other business leaders.
Top Level KPI :
Data Science Interventions to improve :
- Product Conversion across our key platforms
- Gross Margin
- Consumer Engagement on platform
- Consumer Success Metrics
The AVP, Data Science will have a large team reporting to her or him including the following
- Manager - Machine Learning
- Manager - Business Analyst
- Manager - Data Engineering / Visualization
- Manage a large team of data scientists (machine learning engineers, Business Analysts and data engineers)
- Collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders - Technology, Product, Marketing, CRM and other Analytics teams in the creation and deployment of useful insights that form and activate business strategies across the business.
- Develop a deep understanding of consumer behavior and conceive, plan and prioritize data science projects to solve different business problems across customer journey.
- Responsible to drive education and evangelization of data sciences throughout the business by communicating the vision and use cases of advanced analytics.
- Master's degree in Statistics, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or any other related quantitative field.
- At least 12 years of working experience in data science positions, preferably working as Lead/Head Data Scientist.
- The candidate for this position must have experience with a broad range of applications and data environments, such as: R, Python, MatLab, SQL, Tableau, Hadoop
- The candidate must also have a proven and successful experience track record of leading high-performing data analyst/data science teams leading through the successful implementation of advanced quantitative analyses and machine learning models.
- Team Leadership and Large team handling Experience. Especially working with leaders of leaders.
- Ability to execute in an intense fast-paced, and highly iterative environment;
- Efficient Stakeholder Engagement and ability to Influence for driving key business outcomes.