CEO at Nspiron India Advisors
Views:1707 Applications:288 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:205
Operations Manager - Manufacturing/Production (12-20 yrs)
Nspiron India Advisors has been retained by the largest and leading manufacturer of high precision surface grinding solutions in India, supplying machines globally to more than 20 countries. The company enjoys a clientele of blue chip companies that are leaders in major sectors of the Engineering Industry. Over 10,000 surface grinders are in successful operation globally - the result of a continued development in design, quality, electronics and automation.
They have been in operations since 1971 and have 3 plants located in India and in-house service division dedicated to installation and after sales service.
The Founder together with an experienced team of Design, Quality and Marketing Engineers, has made the company a leading force in the field of grinding technology and have highly skilled labor force as well as experienced staff.
They operate on the principles of Lean - 'Elimination of Waste', 'Flow', 'Pull' and 'continuous improvement' to reduce your lead-time and total life cycle cost of the machine.
Position Reports to: Directors
Functions Reporting to the Operations Head: PPC, Purchase, Stores, Production, Q.A., Controls - Electrical, Electronics, Programming
Team size: Approximately 100: 20 - Staff : 80- Technicians
Education: B.E/PG Dip (operations) preferred .
Experience: 12 to 20years
Basic Job Description :
- Plan, direct, organise & control the entire plant activities covering operations concerning machines, materials, human resources & processes to ensure sustainable growth.
- Desired behavioural and functional attributes :
- The traits mentioned below would be either good to have or will be acquired and developed during the tenure of the role:
- Ability to connect the dots and manage change seamlessly
- Sound Judgement and ability to prioritise activities (identify and distinguish significant from insignificant)
- High energy, drive and integrity
- Deep Customer orientation
- Strong people skills with a collaborative mindset
- Problem solving skills and decision making
- Techno-commercial and business acumen
- Systems oriented and driven
- Assertive, committed and outcome oriented
Key Performance Indicators:
1. Quality: Zero Warranty Complaints, Export Ready, Plug and Play
2. Delivery:Make and Keep commitments (100%)
3. Efficiency:Improve 4M - Methods, Manpower, Materials, Machines
4. Build the team
5. Grow Shipments to meet company targets
6. Implement Best Practices including: Lean, Budgets, commercial activities
Duties and Responsibilities :
1] To plan, direct, co-ordinate & control the various activities in Factory to maximise production, productivity, optimisation of resources & reduce the direct /indirect production cost.
2] To manage and develop a driven and focussed team by allocating work schedules, assigning duties, motivating & building a sense of ownership.
3] Institute a review mechanism for Production, Quality, Planning & Materials to ensure maximum output of right quality with minimum cost & on time delivery to the customer.
4] Formulate, implement/Establish & review departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with department members as and when necessary.
5] Prepare budgets and monitor operations to ensure that budgetary parameters are well within desired limits.
6] Ensure planned maintenance (Preventive & Scheduled) is carried out to ensure up-time of plant & machinery. All the machines and equipment to be kept in prime running condition always.
7] Ensure sufficient stocks of raw materials, hardware, bought out parts and other consumables are at Factory site to keep the plant running seamlessly & maintaining these stocks at the minimum necessary levels.
8] Plan and direct activities and co-ordinate with other department heads as required.(Design, Sales)
9] Introduce/maintain management concepts like ISO, 5S, TPM, EHS, Lean, six sigma etc. in manufacturing to encourage and ensure continual improvements in structured way to create disciplined & progressive work culture in organization.
10] Introduce training to individuals for technical / skill and self-development.
11] Ensure Health, safety and of environment, by preparing necessary policies & ensure the effective controls.
12] To prepare proposals for new investments for capacity enhancement, efficiency improvements, quality improvements, cost reduction & submit to the leaders. To ensure these projects get completed in time & inside budgeted cost.
13] To liaise and coordinate with suppliers, customers & various government/external/Local agencies etc. in order to maintain good rapport with them.
14] To ensure all the statutory and legal compliances are fulfilled & take proactive actions for compliance.
15] Report the factory's performances regularly and accurately, together with other matters of importance, to the management in a prescribed MIS format.
16] To assist stake-holders and key decision makers in various areas to build the runway for future growth, scale and credibility.
17) Report on factories performance regularly and accurately to Management in a prescribed MIS format.
- Prior work experience as a Works Manager/ Operations.
- Plan & develop operational systems.
- Experience in managing a high-performance factory team.
- Experience in automotive products, components, assemblies, or engineering industry will be an added advantage.
- Excellent customer service attitude.
- Analytical skills with a problem-solving approach.
- Deep understanding of functions/departments for smooth running of factory.
Behavioural and Other Attributes:
- Good verbal & written communication skills.
- Leadership and team building skills
- Familiarity with MS Office and systems
- High on Energy & Integrity
- Organised and have ability to organise others
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.