Operational Excellence Engineer - Formulations - Pharma (8-18 yrs)
This is a key role with the Operational Excellence Department and responsibilities include delivering company management and operations improvements contributing towards achieving world class customer service.
The role will provide technical expertise, leadership and implementation of continuous improvement techniques in supply chain management and manufacturing and packaging operations to optimize performance and capability and minimize rejections and - Special Cause- events
EXPERIENCE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful candidate is expected to have knowledge and experience in the following at a minimum
Supply Chain : Value stream mapping -VSM, Experience in Kaizen events, Muda reduction and Gemba
Operations: 5s, SMED, Kaizen, Takt, Line balancing, Pareto analysis, Process capability
Management: Project management and delivering successful lean implementation programmes, Coaching skills, Effective leadership, Teamwork, Excellent time management
By utilizing these tools the successful candidate will be expected to
1. Execute delivery of a portfolio of lean projects directed at reducing waste and improving quality to provide greater value
2. Apply Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools and methodology in the implementation of manufacturing excellence initiatives.
3. Train and lead cross-functional continuous improvements teams: focusing on measurable quality, service and cost improvements: mentoring existing management.
4. Train, coach, and motivate personnel in the understanding and adoption of new principles and techniques.
5. Drive the standardization of processes and the implementation of metrics and best practices
6. Provide support for process performance and product quality.
7. Carry out root cause analysis, identify and record sources of - special cause- events and process variation that adversely affect process performance and product quality.
8. Champion continuous improvements designing out issues.
9. Establish specification and process acceptance criteria for machines and equipment.
10. Interact with the relevant departments on technical, process and quality related issues
11. Support New Product introduction to optimise efficiency- s
1. Degree level in Engineering, Chemical, Electrical or Industrial engineering or Pharmacy)
2. Strong LEAN Manufacturing expertise: 8 years- experience minimum in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
3. Experience in USFDA, MHRA, HPRA compliant pharmaceutical manufacturing plants.
4. Six Sigma Black Belt certification an advantage
5. FMEA and PFMEA Practitioner an advantage.
6. Strong organization, analytical and problem solving skills with a continuous improvement mind set.
7. Clear, Articulate communication skills, both oral and written. Numerically literate
8. Self-motivated with a goal driven mentality.
9. Positive and enthusiastic with effective interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.