Deputy Manager- HR at Olam Food Ingredients
Views:702 Applications:185 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:65
Olam Food Ingredients - Head - Legal - LLB (10-18 yrs)
Olam Food Ingredients (OFI) is a global leader offering 'on-trend' sustainable, value-added food ingredients & solutions, enabling consumers to enjoy the healthy & indulgent products they love. Pioneers at heart, we operate at the forefront of consumer trends to provide food & beverage manufacturers with products and ingredients that will delight their consumers. Making a positive impact on people and planet is all part of the delight.
With a deep-rooted presence in the countries where our ingredients are grown, we are closer to farmers, enabling better quality, and more reliable, traceable and transparent supply. Supplying products and ingredients at scale is just the start. We add value through our unique, complementary portfolio of natural, delicious and nutritious products. With our fresh thinking, we help our customers unleash the sensory and functional attributes of cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts and spices so they can create naturally good food & beverage products that meet consumer expectations. And whoever we're with, whatever we're doing, we always make it real.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Legal, India based out of our Bengaluru office.
OFI Legal Organization
OFI has a global team of in-house lawyers that support its business globally on all legal matters. This role will report directly to the SVP and General Counsel APAC with dotted-line reporting to SVP, Country Management.
Key responsibilities :
This position will be primarily responsible for the legal compliance of, and the provision of all legal services to, the OFI business units and functions located in or related to India while also providing legal support to other OFI business units and functions outside India.
The scope of this role will include:
- Structuring, reviewing, drafting, vetting and negotiating a wide variety of contracts
- Ensuring compliance with relevant regulations including FSSAI, legal metrology, factories act, labour laws, pollution laws, and other applicable laws (including those that apply extra-jurisdictionally such as the UK Bribery Act and GDPR)
- Advising in relation to a broad range of intellectual property and information technology matters
- Managing external counsel, and the legal budget.
- Managing litigation to achieve timely and favorable outcomes; and
- Contributing to the OFI Group Legal department's initiatives aimed at larger organizational impact, such as policy roll out, planning and conducting trainings for other stakeholders.
- Communication and Key Stakeholders
- Close interaction with the OFI Asia Pacific legal function and General Counsel Asia Pacific
- Close interaction with internal and external stakeholders across functions and businesses
- Regular interactions with management to understand specific businesses and provide regulatory/risk management advice.
Qualifications/Skill Requirements :
- Law degree from a common law or civil law jurisdiction, with more than 12 years' experience.
- Solid experience in a broad range of general corporate and commercial legal areas in legal practice or in an in-house legal role. Experience in manufacturing, FMCG, food ingredients and commodities not essential but seen as an advantage.
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills (essential)
- A commercially driven approach is essential and ability to provide advice to a diverse range of internal stakeholders and senior management on legal and regulatory issues
- Maturity to handle sensitive issues
- Excellent relationship management in a matrix environment
- Independently driven, high level of initiative and ability to work with diverse cultures and background is key.
- Excellent analytical, drafting and negotiating skills.
- Ability to deal with a large volume of complex issues under severe time constraints, while completing work to a high degree of accuracy.
OFI is a part of the Olam Group, a leading food and agri-business, supplying food ingredients, feed and fibre to thousands of customers worldwide, ranging from multi-national organizations with world famous brands to small family run businesses. More information about Olam can be found here. OFI was formed in January 2020 as part of the re-organization of the Olam Group.
Olam International is a leading food and agri-business supplying food, ingredients, feed and fibre to over 19,800 customers worldwide. Our value chain spans over 60 countries and includes farming, processing and distribution operations, as well as a sourcing network of 4.8 million farmers. Through our purpose to 'Re-imagine Global Agriculture and Food Systems', Olam aims to address the many challenges involved in meeting the needs of a growing global population, while achieving positive impact for farming communities, our planet and all our stakeholders. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, Olam currently ranks among the top 30 largest primary listed companies in terms of market capitalization on SGX-ST.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.