Deputy Manager- HR at Olam Food Ingredients
Views:843 Applications:76 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Olam Food Ingredients - Deputy Manager - Quality & Food Safety (6-12 yrs)
Deputy Manager - Quality and Food Safety
Position Title : Deputy Manager- Quality
Reporting To : DGM- Quality
Area/Locations to be handled : Kochi
Target Industries (if any) : Food Industries (preferably from spices background)
Education : Bachelor's in food technology /BE/B. tech
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Establish & Ensure Quality Management Systems (QMS), procedures and standards which enable the sites to achieve & sustain compliance in line with BRC, Customers and Food Safety standards Authority of India.
- Should develop understanding of spices processing and quality specifications and manage quality control systems to ensure final product delivery is within specifications
- Well Versed in GMP, BRC requirements and should be able to independently manage internal and external audits
- Manage customer interactions, quality related communications and keep plants updated with change in domestic and international regulations related to food safety
- Designing of Validation, Change Management Protocols
- Capability Development
- Facilitating / Conducting work-shop for QA / Production team on GMP, GHK, Process Controls, with respect to Quality and Food Safety
- Quality Risk Scan / Risk assessment
- Review of QMS/ FSMS for adequacy and Implementation
- Effective Redressal of Customer Complaints and implementation of corrective action plan
- To train and develop quality function team at site with required skill set
- To manage all the activities of QA function through effective co-ordination across departments
- To implement cost control measures and plan Capex budgets for QA taking into account the future business needs.
- Take pro-active steps in food safety management system end to end viz., from the plant entry, sanitation procedures, vaccination of employees, good hygiene practices
- Implement food safety management system protocols in line with the industry requirements and ensure 100% adherence.
- Ensure NIL infestation inside the plant premises and external warehouses by effective implementation of pest control management system
Expected Delivery :
1. The job holder manages his job with the help of Operations and Site Quality team
2. The job holder is accountable for effective implementation of Quality Management systems and a food safe processing environment
Key Behavioral competencies required :
1. A leader that can demonstrate Permit and Promote culture of the right Quality behaviors and confront wrong Quality behaviors
2. Believe and demonstrate Quality behaviors to inculcate Quality culture at the site.
3. Open and honest communication at all levels and encourage the concept of total disclosure
4. Set and communicate clear objectives and expectations for the team
5. Take timely decisions exhibiting sense of urgency to meet the functional and organizational goals
6. Ability to inspire & motivate the team to achieve business and broad Product goals
7. Develop self & others. Leadership capabilities to in leading the team in a right direction
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.