Deputy Manager- HR at Olam Food Ingredients
Views:386 Applications:57 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:16
Olam Food Ingredients - Branch Controller (2-6 yrs)
We are a global leader in food & beverage ingredients. Pioneers at heart, we operate at the forefront of consumer trends to provide food & beverage manufacturers with products and ingredients that will delight their consumers. Making a positive impact on people and planet is all part of the delight. With a deep-rooted presence in the countries where our ingredients are grown, we are closer to farmers, enabling better quality, and more reliable, traceable, and transparent supply. Supplying products and ingredients at scale is just the start. We add value through our unique, complementary portfolio of natural, delicious, and nutritious products. With our fresh thinking, we help our customers unleash the sensory and functional attributes of cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts, and spices so they can create naturally good food & beverage products that meet consumer expectations. And whoever we're with, whatever we're doing, we always make it real.
The India Spices Business Unit was established in 2007 and operations started in 2011. It has a strong presence in origination, processing and supply chain across the value chain in various products like chilli, turmeric, cumin, etc. As part of business expansion, it is envisaging for two additional operating units. The Spices Business is a key player in the operating segments with a wide product range and caters to large institutional customers within India and across the globe.
We produce healthy ingredients for the world's food supply, and bring them to markets, restaurants, and kitchens all around the world. Our superior product expertise, innovation and risk management has enabled us to become the world's number 1 source for garlic, onions, and chillies and a global leader for pepper, tropical spices, purees, and parsley. We work directly with the growers, process our products close to where they are grown, and have built up a sophisticated worldwide distribution network over the years. We are committed to sustainable production, holding ourselves to high standards.
Position Title : Branch Controller
Reporting To : Commercial Lead - Spices
Location: Guntur, AP
Desired Qualification: MBA - Tier 1
Experience Range: 3-6 years in FMCG / Food companies / Trading & commodity Sector
Preferably in Sales, Procurement/ SCM function
ofi thrives around optimizing supply chains. The Branch manager is a key position which is directly responsible for the implementation of the regions business road map. The role involves the responsibility of an entire product(s) line in ofi's business in the region. The incumbent will play a critical and extremely tangible role in delivering results. You will be controlling the execution of all processes, including managing the supply chain from farm to customers. As a Branch Manager, you're responsible for inspiring your team, create ownership opportunities, and to deliver on the following key dimensions.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of the business road map, as well as managing the procurement, processing, and supply chain strategy for an entire product(s) line in ofi's business in the region.
- Play a key role in setting up infrastructure (warehousing, pre-processing, processing, and farm gate procurement across origins)
- Lead the farm gate and market yard procurement to support business plan
- Play a key role in building differentiated and sustainable supply chain
- Lead the origin processing activities to derive maximum efficiencies by eliminating controllable losses with focus on quality & customer service.
- Building cross functional capabilities and SOPs for all activities at origin
- Play a key role in driving scale in domestic business
- Provide market information and analysis to make trading decisions
- Coordinate with appropriate regulatory bodies for obtaining permissions, and approvals
- Complying with all applicable laws and regulations for the industry within your region
- Adhering to high ethical and professional standards
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in ongoing continuous improvement initiatives
- Ability to build teams - hiring, training, and developing team members
- MBA with 3-6 years of post-qualification industry experience
- Self-driven with a strong result orientation
- Ability to work in complex and ambiguous environment with minimum guidance
- Willingness to go the extra mile, to bring added business value.
- Distinct leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Outstanding Organization Skills along with an approach that pays attention to detail.
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team-building skills
- Previous experience in Supply chain and Operations would be an advantage.
- Advanced Skills with Microsoft Office, SAP would be an added advantage
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.