Global TA Manager at Olam
Views:1109 Applications:133 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:57
Olam Agri - Central Derivatives Trader (3-5 yrs)
Brief about Olam Agri:
Olam Agri supplies food, feed and fibre to meet rising demand and a shift to protein-based diets, particularly in Asian and African countries. Headquartered in Singapore and present on all continents, our value chains include farming, processing and distribution operations, as well as a sourcing network of an estimated 2.5 million farmers. Our teams have built leadership positions in many Olam Agri businesses, including rice, flour, animal feed, sesame, cotton, wood, and more. As a purpose-driven company, we aim to contribute positively to the prosperity and well-being of people along our supply chains, the protection and regeneration of our natural resource base, and the fight against climate change.
For further details https://www.olamagri.com/
Job Title: Central Derivatives Trader
Brief about Olam Agri Risk Management Solutions:
Agricultural commodities experience price changes and volatility, creating a difficult environment for producers and supply chain participants. We understand physical networks and risk, enabling us to offer smart price risk management services.
Our global team has experience in physical commodities and financial instruments trading, and collectively offer over 100 years of industry practice. We focus on building long-term relationships and tailor our services to customers unique needs.
The RMS (Risk Management Solutions) business provides bespoke structured solutions to address our clients' hedging requirements across the agricultural commodities complex. The Central Trading team is responsible for structuring, pricing and trading exotic OTC structured products across our product portfolio.
- Structuring and trading OTC derivative solutions, incorporating swaps, vanilla look-alikes, exotic options (e.g., barriers, digitals), and correlation products (calendar, cross-commodity, commodity/FX, etc.).
- Complete execution and risk management of positions resulting from executed trades on the RMS book.
- Exposure to multi-commodities within the agricultural complex and collaboration with a global sales team. Direct oversight over the post-trade Client Services department.
- Developing and maintaining supporting spreadsheets and ancillary programs to enhance accuracy and reduce redundancies.
- Leading or supporting key projects in collaboration with cross-departmental and external consultants.
What we seek!
- 3+ years of experience in structuring/trading exotic derivative products.
- Strong preference for specific experience in trading and/or structuring correlation products and composite options/accumulators.
- Willingness to be based in Dubai.
- Primed to work in trading hours across time-zones as this is a global role.
- Capacity to collaborate effectively with the sales team with aim to achieve stronger and higher results and deliver effectively.
- Self-confident and rightly motivated.
- Enjoys and thrives to work across globally dispersed team.
- Proficient in English.
- Advanced MS-Excel skills; some programming knowledge is highly desirable, particularly in MATLAB/Python/C++/VBA.