Manager - TA at Ola Cabs
Views:5260 Applications:1015 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:9
OlaCabs - Product Manager (2-8 yrs)
Title: Product Manager
Founded in Jan 2011 by IIT Bombay alumni Bhavish Aggarwal and Ankit Bhati, Ola (formerly Olacabs), is India's most popular mobile app for personal transportation. Ola integrates city transportation for customers and driver partners onto a mobile technology platform ensuring convenient, transparent and quick service fulfillment.
Ola got into Food Tech in 2018. Ola aims to solve gaps in the food value chain - all the way from supply, research, production, distribution, delivery - in order to offer a much better food experience to consumers, that is good on quality, consistency, and predictability. Ola already has several delivery kitchens across metro cities and the footprint is rapidly growing.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Ola looks to transform food consumption ecosystem through innovative and efficient interventions in product, technology, logistics, and infrastructure.
We are looking for talented senior product professionals to define, execute, and deliver world-class experiences for our food customers. The ideal candidate has experience working in and leading a talented product team and would love to bring fresh ideas to tackle challenges in conceptualizing and designing for the food ecosystem in India.
About the Role:
- This role offers the unique and rare chance to build an industry-disrupting product suite that is planned for scale. The product line is being grounds up with little inspiration to draw from as some of the interventions are industry-first.
- The role gives exposure to both - consumer side in form of android/IOS/PWA consumer applications as well as supply side in form of food manufacturing and supply chain. It is a perfect opportunity for original thinkers who are self-motivated and super-fast learners.
Ola offers a creative, fast paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you will be at the center of innovation fueled by a passion to Make in India.
Key traits for a product manager at Ola are strong customer orientation, in-depth problem solving, data driven decision-making, comfort with ambiguity, business acumen, self-motivation, and structured long-term thinking.
- Internalize and deeply understand Ola's Food mission and strategies
- Manage all aspects of the product life cycle, including customer needs, problem definition, product strategy/roadmap, requirement definition, execution and delivery, inference and insights, iteration & improvisation.
- Work closely with business, operations, process, design, engineering, project management, marketing, legal, finance and other key stakeholders to prioritize, develop and deliver products, in an agile environment
- 2-8 years of overall experience depending on how fast you have grown in your career. We would be looking for evidence that your experiences are commensurate with the kind required from the person in this role.
- 1+ years of prior product management experience preferably in an internet based company which preferably is a best-in-class large company or a respected disruptor startup.
- A bachelor's degree or master's degree in a numerically inclined discipline such as Engineering, Economics, Commerce, Mathematics preferably from a premium institute.
- MBA degree from premier institute and prior startup experience is preferred but not necessary