Manager - Human Resources at Ola Cabs
Views:898 Applications:262 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:17
OlaCabs - Procurement Manager - Food & Packaging Items (5-8 yrs)
Role: Procurement Manager
Reporting To: Head Supply Chain/Procurement
Business: Ola Foods
The procurement Manager will be responsible for sourcing of all food, packaging products and managing vendor relationship. The candidate will also co-ordinate with internal stakeholders regarding the supply needs as well be able to perform strategic procurement activities across multiple categories of spend, search for better deals and find more profitable suppliers.
Preferable industries: F&B, QSR, Retail, e-commerce, Food industry experience. Also, good experience commodity buying, handled large portfolio of food and packaging categories viz. Dairy, Veggies, Rice and Pulses, Poultry and Meat, Dry Store, Spices etc.
1. Develop, lead and execute sourcing strategies related to food and packaging items
2. Establish and implement purchasing policies, procedures and best practices
3. Monitor ongoing compliance with purchasing policies and procedures
4. Direct procurement policies to ensure all items are purchased and delivered within budget and time constraints
5. Identify and source new suppliers and vendors
6. Manage vendor and supplier selection process based on price, quality, support, capacity and reliability
7. Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key suppliers and vendors
8. Establish and update an approved vendor/supplier database
9. Develop, negotiate and administer purchasing agreements and contracts with suppliers in support of organizational requirements
10. Evaluate contracts to ensure compliance with legal requirements and organizational policies
11. Monitor supplier and vendor compliance with contractual agreements
12. Measure and manage the vendor and supplier cost, quality and delivery performance
13. Oversee supplier compliance with internal quality standards and external regulations
14. Troubleshoot cost, quality and delivery concerns
15. Manage risk relating to quality, cost, delivery and supply of purchases
16. Introduce performance improvement measures for suppliers and vendors
17. Work with relevant departments to manage inventory requirements
18. Facilitate timely placement of purchase orders
19. Review purchase orders for proper authorization and compliance with organizational policy and procedures
20. Develop and manage purchasing budgets and forecasts
21. Monitor and reduce purchase variances to meet profit objectives
22. Produce regular reports on purchase commitments, costs and delivery performance
23. Oversee the operations and daily activities of the purchasing department
24. Direct continuous improvement of purchasing processes in line with changing organizational needs and market conditions
25. Responsible to evaluate the received commercial proposals against the industry's bench-marked commercials
26. Propose the commercial and contract including guidelines on payment terms, proper documentation needed at time of delivery and for processing of payment to the Central Procurement team. Liaise with them to close the contracts.
27. Accountable for on-boarding of vendors with proper documentations
28. Responsible for re-negotiation on the rates and contracts of existing vendors based on inputs from category/commercial roadmap
29. Build market insights on commodity pricing & create buying strategy for commodities and adhere to the same
30. Responsible for implementing strategies to get commercial advantages like long-term price- lock in, # of days vendor/supplier has to keep stocks in their warehouse, inclusion of freight charges, etc.
31. Support in building COGS roadmaps by providing commercial projections
32. To work with supplier & QA and define specs for all Raw Material and Packaging Material
33. Classification of vendor is Classes A, B,C and their backups
34. Build a report including industry's commercial bench-marks and evaluate the received commercial proposal
35. Build roadmaps for commercial targets based on COGS roadmap
Required Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Degree in business administration or a related field.
- Experience as a purchasing manager or in a similar position.
- Deep knowledge of inventory and supply chain management.
- Supervisory and management experience.
- Working knowledge of all laws and regulations relating to procurement and contracts
- Knowledge of purchasing and supply chain systems, LEAN principles of planning and MRP/ERP systems often required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and purchasing software.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong critical thinking and negotiation skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Financial acumen.
- Ability to gather and analyse data and to work with figures.