Manager - Talent Acquisition at Ola Cabs
Views:7087 Applications:315 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
OlaCabs - Manager/Senior Manager/Associate Director/Director - Corporate Affairs (7-20 yrs)
Title: Corporate Affairs (Manager/Senior Manager/Associate Director/Director)
In order to meet the growing needs of the business, Ola is looking to hire a senior leader for the position of Corporate Affairs. This is a position for the entire group and would cover all businesses and units within Ola/ANI Technologies and will have overall responsibility for developing and implementing sustainable and effective government and regulatory strategies.
Major responsibilities will include:
- Developing win-win relationships with external stakeholders, especially regulatory bodies and government departments. The role is strategic in nature and has significant impact on Ola's operations within and outside India.
- Proactively providing inputs and influencing policy/regulatory legislations that affect the company's business.
- Anticipating and highlighting impending developments in the Government that may impact Ola. Effectively addressing issues, formulating strategies & consulting with appropriate business and corporate personnel in providing recommendations for the formation of action plans.
- Working with the government agencies of other countries as Ola expands its business internationally to pave the way for smooth entry and ongoing operations for the company.
- Working closely with the BU Heads and on their behalf, addressing their issues with various Ministries/organizations in the Government (Central & State).
- Handling various issues related to operations, marketing, regulatory, finance, taxation, etc. as and when they arise.
- Building, establishing and coordinating relationships with key Ministries/Organizations (Central & State) and using these to the benefit of the organization. S/he will also work closely and network with key functionaries in the Government like PMO, Cabinet Secretariat, Commerce & Industry, Finance, Environment & Forest, External affairs, Corporate Affairs, Science & Technology, Labor etc.;
- Helping in building a positive image of Company & representing Ola's business and work extensively with Industry Groups and Associations, including providing inputs and direction to proactive/reactive responses by Associations/ Chambers to Industry issues, policy development etc.
- Not only solving current issues, but building capability that makes the institution stronger in the longer term (hiring, developing teams within and outside the company)
- The position requires an individual with a strong personal network within the relevant ministries, statutory bodies, industry associations and law enforcement agencies.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and influencing skills and competencies combined with strong social networking skills are essential for the role.
- It is critical that this individual possess a high degree of energy to support a very vibrant and achievement oriented team at Ola.
- Ola is looking for someone who would bring gravitas, thought leadership and content to the role. On the other end of the spectrum, this individual will roll up the sleeves and get things done at the ground level.
- These might involve local level approvals, working with the driver partners, managing labor related issues / strikes etc. At a strategic level, this individual will have a vision on what is needed in the regulatory framework for Ola's continued smooth operations in India and internationally.
- S/he will have a point of view on the right engagement model with state level agencies.
- The successful candidate would bring relevant experience in progressively responsible positions in the area of external affairs/regulatory/public relations and have a Master's Degree from a reputed Indian or international institution.
Specifically, this individual must be well-rounded possessing the following attributes:
- S/he will be a highly collaborative individual with strong business acumen, leadership skills, and boardroom savvy, who is willing to speak their mind
- Have the ability to develop a thorough grasp of the business issues and key business drivers and understand where additional value can be generated
- Strong skills to dissect complex range of public issues and assess impact on Ola. A high degree of strategic thinking, decision making and tactical skill is required to develop broad strategy and policy, options and recommendations to address issues expeditiously.
- The ability to deal with ambiguity, including the patience to work within a political context; a thoughtful and mature style is required to decide when it is time to make a decision and the ability to make competent and timely decisions in the face of complexity and ambiguity.
Executing for Results:
- Solution orientation and the ability to - get things done. The individual must have high cerebral quotient to evaluate options quickly and demonstrate a carefully thought out approach.
- Proven contact network, involvement and success in influencing the development of legislation and strong knowledge of processes.
- Demonstrate drive for results, motivate and positively influence individuals both within and outside the organization.
- Demonstrated capability to focus on the end goals, convey a sense of urgency and drive issues to closure.
- Bring executive maturity to create and lead a strong team and the confidence to lead the Corporate Affairs team.
- Run the on-ground operational team effectively for local level work; be a hands-on leader who will lead the team from the front.
Building Relationships and Using Influence:
- A livewire personality with strong relationships in the Indian market and the enthusiasm to play an active ambassadorial role; Demonstrated success in building strong relationships and instilling trust with key stakeholders.
- Persuasive skills in dealing with multiple audiences, many unsympathetic (regulators, government, employees, suppliers, customers).
- The ability to negotiate skillfully in tough situations, gaining the trust of others quickly and winning concessions without damaging relationships.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.