OLA - Technical Product Manager (8-12 yrs)
Job Title - Technical Product Leader
Department - Product
Business Unit - Mobility UK
Reporting to - Managing Director UK
Location - London, UK
Looking for a technical product leader with a strong technical background and focussed on building products. Be the change agent for the UK geography product and assess the potential impact on regulations & UK licenses and convert consumer & driver needs of the product into technical specifications to realize the vision to reality. Be the champion of data quality and perform data analysis needed to optimize performance and enhance data cross reference & checks.
- Determines customers' & drivers’ needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information
- Will be change leader or reviewer for UK Business, who will understand and analyze impact for UK customers and assess potential impact on UK licenses whenever any changes or new features is launched from India
- Have a strong technical background and understanding of internet scale systems
- Understand Hive SQL and can analyze internal data to provide independent review to UK Team
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes for UK Business
- Enable independent UAT and production testing before launch in UK markets
- Assesses local market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products in the respective geographic markets
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives
- Obtains product market share by working with the sales director to develop product sales strategies
- Assesses product market data by understanding customers needs
Job Description :
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product roadmap and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Facilitates product availability by reviewing performance
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and production.
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains product management staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains product management staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
No. of years: 8-12 years of overall experience with at least 5 years of experience as an engineer/developer
- Experience as product analyst or developer with Hive or SQL tables is must
- Type of experience - prior product management experience preferably in an internet- based company which preferably is a best-in-class large company or a respected disruptor startup
- Must have - A bachelor's degree or master's degree in a numerically inclined discipline such as Engineering or Mathematics preferably from a premium institute.
- MBA degree from a premier institute and prior startup experience is preferred but not necessary
- Certification in ITIL or Process Excellence will be plus
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well