Manager - Talent Acquisition at Ola
Views:3645 Applications:1002 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:68
OLA - Senior Category Manager (6-10 yrs)
OLA - Category Manager (Senior Manager)
About Us :
- Founded in Jan 2011 by IIT Bombay alumni Bhavish Aggarwal and Ankit Bhati, Ola (formerly Olacabs), is India's most popular mobile app for personal transportation. Ola integrates city transportation for customers and driver partners onto a mobile technology platform ensuring convenient, transparent and quick service fulfillment.
- Ola is committed to its mission of building mobility for a billion people. Using the Ola mobile app, users across 110 cities can book from a variety of vehicles across cabs, auto-rickshaws, and taxis. Ola has also introduced a range of shared mobility services on its platforms like Ola Shuttle and Ola Share for commute and ride-sharing respectively. The app is available on Windows, Android, and iOS platforms.
Roles & Responsibilities :
- This role will own the P&L of the category, partner with the cross-functional teams to translate the voice of the customer to actionable insights to sharpen our marketing efforts and enhance the customer value proposition.
- Drive invention and improvements to recruit new customers, execute the marketing activation calendar and conceptualize innovations in customer experience, basis consumer needs and convert them into business goals, and drive them to execution through cross-functional stakeholders. This person will need to set goals for cross-functional projects and liaise with business finance, marketing tech, supply, and revenue teams to execute.
- Plan, Own and execute the Top-line and bottom-line numbers for the category.
- Own creation and execution of marketing programs to acquire new customers.
- Conceptualise, design, and execute online marketing initiatives to extend category awareness.
- Develop, test, and execute aggressive multi-channel marketing plans to drive customer acquisition.
- Conduct in-depth consumer interviews to determine - gaps and opportunities for the business.
- Own projects with considerable scope and/or complexity with a significant impact on customer experience and OLA's business.
- Work with cross-functional teams including Business Finance, Revenue Management, Product and Supply Teams to define, drive and launch improvements in the customer experience.
- Understand and use merchandising and customer-facing metrics to guide decision making.
- Meet business goals while ensuring a top-notch customer experience.
- Possess a deep understanding of all traffic-driving mechanisms (Search, Affiliates, Email, SEO, etc.) and actively engaging in the utilization of those channels for the business.
Basic Qualifications :
- The ideal candidate must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically, be data-driven, an effective communicator, capable of handling multiple projects at once, thrives in a rapidly-changing environment, and has strong communication skills. The candidate must demonstrate a strong bias for action and the ability to influence without direct authority.
- The ideal candidate would be a top-performer in industries such as Consumer Durables or FMCG, with 6+ years of experience and would have held P&L responsibilities for a category, division/business unit.
- MBA degree from a premier institute (Only)
Preferred Qualifications :
- Proven track record of customer obsession.
- Demonstrated ability to think both strategically and tactically
- Ability to prioritize in an ambiguous environment
- 6+ years of overall work experience with 3+ years experience in brand/product/ category management only.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate data-driven decisions that lead to results Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize multiple projects.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication (spoken and written) and influencing skills and an ability to navigate a complex and unstructured cross-functional environment.