Ola Cabs - Associate Director - Treasury (10-16 yrs)
Job Description: Associate Director - Group Treasury
Requirement: Qualified CA/CA+MBA with 8-10 years of experience of which at least 5 years in Corporate Treasury Management in a high-growth business environment.
This Role will report to the Head of Group Treasury and will be responsible for managing the organization's treasury function, namely, cash & liquidity management, fx & interest rate risk management, banking relationship, fund-raising, investments, related accounting, and compliance.
Role and Responsibilities:
To efficiently monitor and manage the treasury function, the role contributes in a team that performs a wide range of job duties and responsibilities, but are not limited to:
1. Fund Management
- Monitoring and managing the organization's bank relationships and liquidity management.
- Performs treasury activities related to cash flow, borrowings, debt and investments. Determining procurement of funds and monitoring investment and collections.
- Allocating cash balances, maintaining investment records and preparation of expenses and earnings forecasts.
- Build an analytics platform for automation/digitization of cashflow activities.
2. Cashflow Management/MIS
- Monitor and measure department's liquidity and funding requirements; identify various banking and market products to improve the management of cash flow.
- Liaising with various business teams for timely assessment and reporting of cash flows
- Daily cash management. Monthly budget allocation and payments.
- Provide timely and accurate MIS to top management on fund requirements.
- Liaise with Financial Control to support the month end process.
3. Risk Management
- Forecasting of daily, medium and long- term funding requirements at the Group level.
- Building systems to study the cashflow variances-, and ways to minimize the same.
- Monitoring and forecasting of short-term/medium-term/long term foreign exchange and interest rate risks.
- Development and maintenance of requisite policies and procedures (treasury related) to meet the organizations objectives, needs and regulatory body requirements.
- Ability to price various fx & interest rate vanilla as well as structured products.
- Analysing various risk scenarios and reporting to senior management, along with the suggestions on appropriate risk mitigation strategies.
- Ability to back-test the strategies quantitatively and suggest changes if warranted.
4. Board Management
- Preparing management and board reports.
- Plan & execute requisite board approvals / board resolutions to meet the funding allocation across group companies and other aspects of the job.
5. Facilities Management and Documents Warehousing
- Reviewing the banks- facility documents critically, with thorough understanding of the extant regulatory guidelines (RBI).
- Prompt communication with senior management on critical issues related to sanctions.
- Effective negotiation with the Bankers on the clauses. pricing; keeping the company's best interests in mind, within the purview of existing regulations.
- Warehousing and tracking of all documents at a centralized digital repository.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
The skills and attributes that are required may include, but not be limited to:
- Min 5 years- experience managing a Treasury Function in a medium/large sized corporate.
- Good knowledge and experience of handling corporate finance products like Working Capital, Cash Management, Trade Finance, Capex funding, ECBs, Commercial Paper, INR Debentures etc.
- Experience in Project Finance, from the initiation until the end.
- Knowledge and experience of fx and interest rate products, and their pricing.
- Understanding and experience of treasury accounting including FX, debt, liquidity, cash flow and various financial instruments
- Hands on experience in dealing with Bank's facilities documentation; sound understanding of structuring and covenants.
- Well versed in Corporate Law, Accounting, Tax and Regulatory aspects (RBI/FIMMDA/SEBI)
- Ability to work independently while being part of the broader team.
- Appropriate, policy-based handling of sensitive information.
- Comfort with financial systems like Bloomberg, Reuters, Murex.
- Experience in Digital Transformation / Automation projects within Treasury domain; general comfort and flair for Technology will be added advantage.
- Advanced computer software skills, including Excel modelling and other accounting packages.
- Excellent time management and organizational ability. High level of attention to detail
- Strong client relationship management and customer service skills
- Team player with the ability to communicate and coordinate with multiple parties
- Team Management
- Analytical approach