Officer - Accounting & Operations - BFS (5-10 yrs)
Officer in the Accounting and Operations team
Roles & Responsibilities :
Responsible for all accounting / operations / compliance related aspects of a group of assigned AIF / FPI funds.
A. Fund Accounting & Operations: Coordinating with Fund Administrator for calculation and reporting of the daily / fortnightly / monthly NAV (Net Asset Value) per unit after providing valuation price for unlisted securities, estimated income and expense accruals and subscription / redemption details.
Their basic deliverables include :
1. Daily review of securities pricing
2. Daily trade confirms & settlement
3. Daily reconciliation of cash & securities
4. Daily cash management
5. Periodic booking and review of income & expense accruals, receipts / payments + sharing it with fund administrator
6. Calculating, reviewing, and reporting NAV of the assigned funds at required intervals
7. Ensuring fund administrator reporting is accurate and on time
8. Supporting with year-end audit, review, and finalization of annual audited accounts of assigned funds
9. Preparing and submitting monthly/ quarterly/ annual compliance reports to regulators
10. Independently coordinating / working with fund administrator / auditor / banker / custodian / registrar / trustee / tax counsel and other internal teams for assigned deliverables
B. Investor Accounting & Investor services:
11. Periodically preparing & reviewing the subscription / redemptions reports, distributions, and drawdowns of funds for updated investor accounting
12. Performing KYC checks for subscription / redemption requests
13. Liaising with investors
14. Coordinating with registrar to ensure accurate and timely reporting of investor statements at the month end.
15. Developing and upholding processes for external and internal investor communications/demands
1.Chartered Accountant, or MBA in Finance with Bachelor of Commerce, with relevant experience in the range of 5 -10 years.
2. Relevant experience of working with fund administrator of AIF / FPI / Mutual Fund and / or relevant experience of working with in-house accounts / operations division of any AIF / FPI / Mutual Fund house
3. Detailed knowledge of how Net Asset Value (NAV) per unit is calculated for a fund, in the AIF / FPI / Mutual fund
4. Detailed knowledge of trade settlement process on BSE / NSE, with the role of entities involved.
5. Detailed knowledge of investor accounting for a FPI fund having master-feeder / minimaster structure.
6. Good knowledge of MS Office
7. Experience of working on Fund / Investor accounting software
8. Advanced Excel skills
9. Diversity candidates will be preferred
10. Ability to work across cross-functional teams and strong oral and written communication skills