Manager - Centre for Analytical Finance at Indian School of Business
Views:1257 Applications:59 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
NSE ISB - Research Associate - Capital Market Research (1-5 yrs)
NSE-ISB Research Associate
Job Description: The Centre for Analytical Finance (CAF) at the Indian School of Business is looking for Research Associate in Finance who will be working as NSE-ISB Research Associate based out of National Stock Exchanges office in BKC, Mumbai.
Position details and other information:
- The selected candidate receives training in finance and econometrics, develop a solid grounding in theoretical and applied finance, and work on various research projects. The training and skills gained enable the candidates to contribute to high-quality finance research projects. They also prepare them for admission to doctoral (or equivalent) programmes at premier business schools in the world, leading eventually to a career in finance research at a top-tier business school or research organization.
- The total length of the employment does not exceed 2 to 3 years. They are expected to proceed to higher degree programmes in two years or sooner. The exact period can be mutually negotiated. The candidate is expected to work on research and practical questions pertaining to capital markets. They will have access to rich and exclusive data from NSE.
Who should apply:
Ideally, candidates aspiring to pursue a PhD in economics/finance at a world - class institution and make their mark in academics and research following their PhD. However, this is not a necessary criterion.
What Should you have:
- A strong interest in finance.
- A strong interest in a research career.
- Outstanding academic records with excellent analytical and computing skills.
- Experience/knowledge of working with very large datasets.
- Proficiency in the use of statistical packages such as C++, SAS, STATA, MatLab etc. is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in Econometrics is preferred
- 1-3 years of experience is preferred
How to Apply:
Your application should include a CV with the information mentioned below:
- Academic performance and grades in all degree programmes.
- Details of any finance courses taken along with a short description.
- Evidence of proficiency in programming languages and statistical packages, if any.
- Work experience, if any.
- Your contact information.
- A short statement outlining your motivation in applying to CAF as well as your future career goals.