HR Recruiter at NowPurchase
Views:2921 Applications:498 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:219
NowPurchase - Head - Procurement & Operations (6-10 yrs)
Head Procurement & Operations
The organization is transforming the 140B$ Metal Manufacturing industry. The metal industry forms the backbone of the economy and the fundamental block of the physical world - be it transportation, construction and machinery. NowPurchase is building a rich, digital marketplace where Metal Manufacturers can procure high quality raw materials in a trusted manner. At the same time, we are building the OS (Operating System) that will supercharge their productivity and processes to ultimately make procurement autonomous.
The B2B manufacturing industry has a lack of digitization globally. NowPurchase envisions being the operating system for metal manufacturers, starting off with foundries. The end goal is to be able to automate procurement by creating & connecting the different systems both on the software and hardware end (ex: furnaces, spectrometers)
Role Description :
- We are seeking an experienced professional to join our core team to lead business as usual activities which primarily include procurement and supply chain.
- You will be responsible for all kinds of procurement and operational activities mentoring the existing Central Procurement Team (CPT) and the Purchase team to be able to take the right calls which will include developing vendor relationships, brand partnership, Private labels, imports, inventory strategies as well as how to hedge our risk with respect to inventorization.
- On the operation side, your focus area will be on how we can create more customer delight experience in terms of timely delivery, quality of material being better, all in all being able to lead & manage NowPurchase's regular procurement and operation activities in the organization.
What are the expectations from this role?
1. Oversee and lead the design process to ensure it delivers high quality, cost effective and timely solutions in line with business needs.
2. Overall responsibility would include overseeing the systems, operations budgeting, production interface with sales, optimizing on productivity, cost, and quality and customer satisfaction ensuring that materials, labor and equipment are used efficiently to meet production targets.
3. Review processing schedules/production orders to make decisions on inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, or duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
1. Introducing new technologies or processes if required to manage the sourcing and purchasing process effectively.
2. Upgrading vendor selection and relations keeping quality of the material in mind.
3. Managing export incentives, managing greater SKUs and implementing best practices
Sourcing / Import purchases.
1. Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power.
2. Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking.
1. To be an effective leader, you must be able to think strategically and critically in your daily work.
2. You should be able to foresee potential problems and find innovative solutions to assist staff in achieving their goals. Strategic planning also includes being able to analyze the data and information needed to make business process judgments.
3. You will set department objectives and monitor ongoing progress and performance
4. You will ensure strong communication between teams under your leadership to facilitate exchange of information and in order to implement change and improvements.
Qualifications and Experience :
1.BE/B.Tech from a good Engineering college with an MBA/Master degree is a MUST.
2. Total 7 to 10 years of experience out of which at least 3-4 years of core experience in purchase and operations.
3. Prior experience in managing and leading a team.
4. Experience in dealing with mechanical goods in any manufacturing/ industrial service industry is preferred.
5. SAP ERP Experience will be an added advantage
Compensation & Benefits :
- Cash Compensation: As per industry standards & pedigree of candidate
- ESOPs: 10% of NowPurchase is dedicated to current & future team members. Your package would entail some ESOPs so that you own a part of the company and grow along with it.
- Medical Insurance: Benefits of group insurance of 3 lakhs for family including parents, spouse, 2 children
- Personal Accidental Insurance of 5 Lakhs
- Generous leave structure and WFHs including Marriage, Maternity & Paternity leaves
- Complete Relocation Expenses: We are building a unicorn out of the city of Joy (Kolkata). We will pay for everything you spend to relocate here.
- Snacks on the house
Possible Growth path :
General Manager - Procurement and Operations > Vice President - Procurement & Operation (Potentially be the COO of the company in the time to come)