HR Team at Novopay
Views:841 Applications:201 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:23
Novopay - Legal Counsel (3-6 yrs)
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Drafting & vetting of various Commercial Contracts such as Vendor Agreements, Service Agreements, Business Agreements such as Business Correspondent Agreements, IT Agreements, Product License Agreements, MOUs, Letter of intent, Non-Disclosure agreements, Employment Agreements, Consultant Agreements etc. and advising on minimization of possible risk to the company in all legal documentation.
- Negotiating Contracts with attorneys and concluding and tracking all legal documentation of the Company.
- Maintenance and administration of legal agreements and other relevant documents to be kept in the custody of the Legal department.
- Research and advise the Company on various legal matters and compliances covering Commercial Law, Company Law and RBI Regulations.
- Supervising and overseeing all legal Compliance for the Company.
- Work related to IPR, FEMA, M&A and Corporate Law.
- Business Model and Product Vetting to ensure legal compliance.
- Due diligence for all legal documents
- Data protection, legislation applicable for Aadhaar related services, Information Technology Act, 2000, GDPR and tracking similar developments in India.
- General corporate advisory
- Conducting board meetings and general meetings of the Company.
- Maintain all legal documents as per internal filing processes
- Ensure that all cases are attended to on time with appropriate follow up and file updation as per exhibits for all matters related to property, consumer disputes, labour dispute etc.
- Identifying and Liaising with outside advocates/counsellors/law firms to represent organization for legal proceedings.
- Preparing/sending /replying legal notices
- Liaison with the Finance team, Sales and Business teams for routine business activities/ deals of the Company.
- Operational Advises on day-to-day legal issues in consultation with external counsels.
Desired Candidate Profile :
- Candidate should be a graduate/ postgraduate in law.
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar function.
- Good Hands-on knowledge on Companies Act, 2013, Contracts Law, IPR, FEMA, M&A, Technology and data protection law.
- Excellent skill of using standard and advanced features of Microsoft Word for reviewing and drafting contracts.
Knowledge, Skills and Personal Attributes Required :
- Should have passion in the field of Law and be a hustler.
- Should be updated on relevant legislation and amendments.
- Demonstrated (hands on experience) in contract drafting, good negotiation, and execution skills i.e., ability to draft, negotiate and execute contracts.
- Strong communication skills and good command over English (both oral and written) and the ability to communicate legal issues and solutions in an articulate, precise and effective manner.
- Should have excellent research, analytical skills and should be able to exercise judgment and discretion to opine on compliance/ legal issues effectively.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills, including ability to work single-handedly in a fast-paced dynamic business environment.
- Leverages business understanding / functional expertise to deliver value to customers.
- Anticipates potential barriers and develops alternate strategies; formulates an informed action plan to solve the problem.
- Personal integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality and to be a trusted member within the legal/compliance team.
Novopay - Recent bagged IFTA Award 2020 - Best Technology Company for Fintech Solutions