HR Manager at Novopay
Views:3128 Applications:349 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:31
Novopay - Head - Financial Operations (8-15 yrs)
Designation: Head - Financial Operations
Reporting to: CFO
Location: Sarjapur Main Rd, Bangalore
We at Novopay are disrupting Banking, as we know it. Today, we enable millions of consumers to remit money, withdraw money, make payments, and avail a variety of banking and consumer related products and services on our merchant network. Today, our fintech powers some of the most innovative banks in India. Now, we are leveling up by building a bigger retail network, with more products and services, and by powering the technology needs of more banks. Our vision is to make banking accessible, affordable and simple enough for everyone in India, including the next Billion. As we chug along towards making this vision a reality, this is your call to action, to join the revolution that will disrupt banking, as we know it.
You would be responsible for:
- All finance Operations of the Retail Business.
- Heading the operations of the treasury department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objective
- Setup and Own processes to ensure:
- Three way reconciliation across all financial systems, on a periodic basis
- Appropriate fraud monitoring and risk mitigation measures are in place
- Ensure funds are available 24- 7 to meet ongoing operational requirement in all the banks for Smooth function of retail transactions.
- Manage the preparation of the company's budget with respect to working capital requirements
- Report to CFO on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances
- Assist CFO in the formulation of its overall strategic direction
Your typical day at work:
- Present the quarterly plan with OKRs to the Executive Team, focusing on improvements across Processes, Systems, and People across each of the cross functional teams
- Execute on each element the quarterly plan, in a systematic manner.
- Maintain Banking Relationships with all the banks.
- Conduct daily standups with the FinOps Team to keep track of the issues and resolutions.
- Control various banks pool accounts reconciliations on daily/ monthly basis as done by team and take their issues with tech team and banks.
- Check all TDS related matters w.r.t transactions and filling of all returns.
- Checking of Expenses booking, incentives booking in systems.
- Checking of various bill raised by the team and ensure funds must be received on time.
- Heading the Treasury team and resolve their problems.
- Heading of Audit functions with Big 4 organisations w.r.t to retail business & other matters.
- Preparation of GST data for Filling of GST returns with GST department.
- Knowledge of INDAS and IFRS is must as the company has adopted INDAS.
- Create additional analyses and reports as requested by the Finance Head
- Conduct daily standup with Ops, Finance and Sales teams to get a sense of key issues, and the associated ageing
- Work with the Tech team, to help out on the Finance Tech requirements and issues which are pending with them.
What we expect from you:
- A leader who can set the right example for Finance Team and build a culture of innovation, and collaboration across the teams
- You should know how to setup the optimum process to suit the needs of a fast paced fintech company, processing large transaction volumes
- You should be very analytical, and data driven
- Have a big audacious dream in your heart, and a twinkle in your eye
What we would also like:
- Experience of 8 - 15 years, preferably in Financial Services, Retail Banking or Payments
- Previous experience in Fintech or Banking company is highly preferable
- MBA from a Tier 1 company/ CA is highly preferable
- Big 4 Audit experience is preferable
- Excellent communication Skills are essential
- Should have outstanding knowledge of spread sheets.
- Brownie points if you excel in something apart from work