Talent Acquisition & Staffing at Novartis
Views:625 Applications:217 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:7
Novartis - Senior Financial Analyst - Financial Planning & Analysis (10-14 yrs)
105,000 people reimagining medicine for more than 769 million people globally. 28,000 associates of more than 100 nationalities deliver high quality and affordable medicine on time, every time, safely and efficiently. Novartis Technical Operations (NTO) brings billions of units of medicine to countries around the world.
This role will help support the FPA team operations at the center of NTO finance - it is a high impact role that will contribute to the lower COGS and higher efficiencies of NTO.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to :
- Financial Reporting & Planning-Ensure timely and accurate provision of monthly financial and management information & analysis to BU leadership and global leadership in support of decision-making processes, ensure timely and accurate budgeting, LE, rolling forecasts, etc, support the coordination and implementation of the financial aspects of Strategic planning, budgeting activities across the organization.
- Work closely with FRA and other relevant process owners supporting customers, develop financial models to keep track of latest financial forecast and analyze actual vs. targets across functions. Actively manages the process to achieve set targets by creating transparency / risk assessment and ensure no surprises
- Internal Control and compliance-Design business processes, which are in line with internal and external control standards. Ensure compliance with financial reporting guidelines and SOX/NFCM compliance, Manage all Finance Standard Operating Policies & Procedures, follow-up with all audit recommendations and ensure remedial actions are properly implemented Team
- Investment and Project Controlling-Assist BU with the analysis of business cases and preparation of CARs that reflects best current financial and operational solution to the local and global business, ensure CARs are compliant with local and global accounting guidelines / policies and reflect all required key figures and evaluate different scenarios, monitor Cars in respect of spending and timeline adherence and that the creation of the fixed assets are completed after project handover, prepare and maintain a proper system of asset capitalization
- Ensure the accuracy of the BU Fixed Asset Register through regular audits. Responsible for month-end closing of project -actual, accrual, commitment, reconciliation, etc. prepare monthly cash planning (based on major project monitoring report) and detail cash flow for the next month. Review setup structure for controlling - quantitative control, monetary control, time schedule control and delivery time for critical items
- Monitor workflow (isometrics, material lists, datasheets, purchase request, bidding process, etc.), review process and workflow embracing all relevant project activities
- Leadership-Support Head Finance in his/her role including project controlling work, facilitates communication with all stakeholders, Leads & develops the team, closely working with stakeholders, assist Finance Lead in aligning and building the Finance Operations Center team in Hyderabad, monitor and actively manage all capital investment projects, in time, quality and cost, Timeliness and completeness of any data submissions to Site and Global
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Minimum requirements :
- University degree in Finance / Economics,
- Chartered Accountant, equivalent degree or MBA in Finance from renowned business school
- At least 10+ years' experience in controlling, at least 3-5 years' experience in managing global stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills, detail orientation and ability to deep dive in processes and systems
- Good organizational & communication skills, ability to work with different stakeholders in a multicultural environment
- Fluent in English
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we're proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people's lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world's toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse team's representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network