Recruiter - Business HR at National Institute for Smart Government
Views:614 Applications:173 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
NISG - SVP - Business Intelligence & Fraud Analytics - Goods Service Tax & Network Domain (14-20 yrs)
National Institute for Smart Government
Role : SVP, Business Intelligence and Fraud Analytics
Reporting to : EVP (Services)
Function : Services
Role Description :
- Responsible for the overall strategy for Business Intelligence and Fraud Analytics by means of collection of data from various sources (internal as well as external including third party information systems), use of business intelligence and application of data mining techniques (data analytics/ business intelligence/fraud analytics) thereby ensuring more efficient and effective monitoring of taxpayer compliance.
- The job holder would also be responsible for understanding the GST policy/ processes in order to provide integrated inputs (business requirements) to the Head of Services.
Key Responsibilities :
Strategy Design and Implementation :
- Create vision and develop roadmap for developing business intelligence, fraud analytics and taxpayer profiling over a period of time.
- Identify the stakeholder systems that could be integrated with GSTN to create a comprehensive information bank for Business Intelligence, Taxpayer Profiling and Fraud Analytics
- Encourage alliance and mutually beneficial partnerships with other government agencies, banks, financial institutions, vendors and other third parties
- Understand the latest technologies/ tools/ software solutions available in the market for performing the functions of Taxpayer Profiling/BI/ Fraud Analytics and present a business case with cost benefit analysis to the Head (Services)/CEO
- Provide inputs to the Head of Services in the planning of the departmental budget during the internal budgeting exercise and ensure adherence to the same
Data Mining and Analysis :
- Formulate the roadmap for data migration and data source analysis, data flows in existing system, assessment of requirements across various functional areas and ensure that relevant information is captured through existing systems and processes within Services; Escalate the gaps (if any) to Head, Services and Head (Technilogy)
- Develop actionable approaches to business intelligence, tax payer profiling and fraud analytics using AI, Machine learning and Graph Analytics including :
- Early detection of fraudulent activities
- Investigating aids to help efficiently prosecute fraud cases
- Predictive models
- Ensure that the information needed to allow more efficient and effective monitoring of compliance through data analytics, business intelligence and linkages with third party information systems is gathered
- Develop dashboards and tools that allow for accurate forecasting of revenues and act as a significant tool for policy analysis
- Forecasting by sector, geography, HSN etc.
- Create and execute processes that enable:
- Tracing relations between the data and taxpayer
- Seamless sharing of data on various statistical parameters with stakeholders in consultation with CISO after approval of CEO.
- Undertake analysis through sophisticated AI, ML and statistical tools and techniques that helps Tax Payer Profiling Utility to act as an enabler for risk based selection of taxpayers; Resolve any concerns/ grievances pertinent to tax payer profiling.
- Undertake analysis using required tools to discover frauds and new patterns of frauds to safeguard the government revenue.
- Get predictive models developed to provide early warning system to tax departments being served by GSTN.
- Interact with Head of Technology and industry experts on a continuous basis to keep abreast of latest technological development that would enable effective utilization of data available with Business Intelligence and Fraud Analytics Unit
- Collaborate with the Technology function to implement systems and processes, in line with latest technological developments, that would enable Business Intelligence and Fraud Analytics Unit to undertake effective utilization of data
People Development :
- Take an active role in recruitment for own team
- Conduct formal performance appraisal and provide developmental feedback for own team
- Identify training needs of subordinates and provide functional training inputs through internal and external sources
- Ensure timely preparation of MIS and Status Updates for circulation to the Head of Services and other authorities as may be required
Key Interfaces :
- External stakeholders (tax authorities, taxpayers, treasuries, banks, policy makers, process groups, etc.)
- Internal departments i.e. Technology, Strategy, MIS & Analysis, Services team and CISO
Key Attributes & Skills :
- Minimum experience of 14 years. Currently at Director grade or above.
- PG in Economics/ Statistics/ Mathematics with minimum of 8 years of experience in Business Intelligence/risk analysis/tax risk management.
- Role holder to be sourced from the open market:
- PG in Economics/ Statistics/ Mathematics OR MS in IT/Information Systems/MBA is desirable with at least 14 years of experience
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in Business Intelligence/risk analysis and risk management/fraud management in BFSI, Tax Administration, e-commerce or Telecom sector
- Experience in deriving insight using big data analytics
- Experience in the field of AI and Machine Learning including experience with deep learning models