NIRA - Senior Finance Manager - CA (10-15 yrs)
Thank you for taking the time to look at NIRA, an exciting fintech startup looking to bring credit access to millions of underbanked Indians.
Since launching the business 18 months ago, we've made large strides in nailing both our proposition and process to meet the needs of our customers. We've now found product-market fit and are growing quickly. This is an exciting part of the journey; we're looking to build on the strong foundations that have been laid, and grow the business quickly.
NIRA is now looking to bring on board a senior finance manager to help us take the business to the next level, while maintaining tight control and discipline around our finances. The successful candidate will be considered a mid-senior level hire, and will work closely with the founders in all aspects of financial control and strategy. If you're looking for a dynamic and challenging role on the cutting edge of the financial services industry, and a chance to grow with the firm, then this could be the seat for you.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with founders to make financial plans (forecasting) and strategy
- Financial performance evaluation /variance analysis, KPIs for the business
- Loan book management - Cashflow management
- Preparation of key financial metrics for investors and management
- Responsible for company accounts and financial reporting as per regulatory requirements
- Fund raising strategy/ Capital structure optimisation (debt, venture debt, equity)
- Develop accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Drive key finance initiatives to improve performance and facilitate business growth
- Identify opportunities to improve cost structure
- Coordinate with auditors / diligence teams to successfully close audits- Vendor management (we use multiple 3rd party services so need to manage these expenses)
Desired Skills, Qualifications and Attributes:
- CA qualified with 10+ yrs experience
- Experience in a fast growing startup is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in financial leadership role for at least 2 years
- Strong ability to collaborate, problem solve, and work with multiple teams.
- Sharp commercial sense
- Detail oriented / meticulous
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly data driven and analytical approach in problem solving
- Drive for excellence across all aspects of work
- Proficient use of tools such as Excel and Tally
Nice to Have:
- Strong network with bankers
- Network within RBI