NEWJ - Copywriter (3-4 yrs)
NEWJ (New Emerging World of Journalism Limited) is one of Indias fastest growing media-tech companies, founded by a team of young entrepreneurs led by Shalabh Upadhyay and backed by Jio Platforms Limited. It is a video-only, mobile-first publisher focused on creating and producing high impact video content for the smartphone obsessed young Indian. Founded in 2018, the companys mission is to tell stories that matter to Indias masses and remains committed to helping build a Digital Bharat as well as grow the countrys Digital Knowledge Economy through impactful and India-centric storytelling. In a short span of time, with a super strong team that makes us who we are, we have been able to produce branded content in various categories like DVCs, TVCs, Documentaries, for brands like Cashify, Zypp Electric, Medcords, Playerzspot, KhelRaja, NCDEX, Mumbai Indians, BookMyShow, Hip-Hop Cosmetics, Jio Telecom, International Solar Alliance(UN), Cherise Tapri, Mastree, Sports 18, Sleepwell, Netflix, Luxor.
Who were looking for: Copywriter
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Come up with creative ideas for concepts and scripts that satisfy the given brief, across various formats.
- Prepare concept notes of your ideas to pitch them to producers or development executives or sales teams.
- Conduct research and study about the story line to make it more realistic and important.
- Prepare scripts that can be executed within the budget allocated for the project.
- Have an understanding of different types of target audiences, markets and tone of voice.
- Collaborating with other departments and team members and brainstorming subjects for creative content.
- Proficient in both English and Hindi. Most importantly, be able to think of out of the box ideas that will appeal to our target audience.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience working as a Copywriter (preferably from Digital Content Platform) with knowledge of writing for different platforms - YT, Social Media, Documentaries flows, Show segmentation, etc.
- Proven experience as a Copywriter or related role
- Knowledge of online content strategy and creation
- Preferred Bachelors Degree/masters in communications.
- Skills in narration direction added advantage.
- Stay connected to industry trends and keep updating the writing skills to engage the users.
- Ability to manage multiple projects of varying complexities, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure.
- See projects through the whole creative lifestyle, from inception to deployment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable working independently with little direction under tight deadlines
- Must be able to design and spearhead campaigns
- Strong creative thinking skills and ability to think conceptually - Interpret copywriting briefs to understand project requirements.
- Conduct High Quality Research.
- Excellent Writing with a diligent eye for detail. Language, flow and grammar.
- Must write clear, attractive copy and scripts with distinct voices for various brands.
- Proven ability to demonstrate brand voice.
- Strong Attention to detail.
- Source images and other content for reference.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills