Network Sourcing Lead/Senior Manager - Telecom (11-13 yrs)
Exp: 11 - 13 Years
About the Role :
Responsible for Sourcing of network equipment's Radio Access (2G/3G/4G), IP RAN, Transmission, Core etc. Working closely with Global Sourcing Team in India to implement the best practices of Sourcing in Africa Finalize Agreements and implementation of the same across all operating countries
Ensuring Transparency and enhanced governance in Network procurement.
Tracking Costs and ensuring efficiencies year on year
Key Responsibilities :
- Identification of Cost drivers for each of network line items and creating plans around them.
- Agree to costs and pricing in line with Airtel growth story and in commensuration with the Scale of Airtel operations.
- Contracting for Network, Managed Services and AMC for Bharti Airtel. Contracts to have the best in class terms and conditions.
- Benchmark Rates with the best in Industry.
- Ensure decimation and compliance to these Contracts
- Issuance of Cost guidelines for all Business units in the above areas. The position shall be responsible for these costs.
- Drive standardization of OPEX / Capex purchase procedures and guidelines to ensure consistency in procurement and sourcing practices across businesses
- Ensure vendor base is right sized for maximum volume/cost savings leverage across all Business Units. Manage Vendor capacity and capability to meet the Scale and Business requirements.
- Ensure Vendor base can meet the ramp-up requirement for the next 3 years.
- Engage in costs and quality benchmarking through informal market research, quality and cost interrelationships/ cost benefit analysis.
- Develop cost benchmarks by checking rates given to other clients and competitors by vendors.
- Evaluate market standards in discount and cost patterns.
- Experience & Skills Required
Leadership Qualities :
- Analytical and Problem Solving Networking and inter-personal skills Teamwork and collaboration Enterprising and entrepreneurial
Educational Qualifications :
- BE and MBA
- 6+ years of relevant Work Experience
- Experience in Telecom Network Purchases Telecom industry