Netscribes - Assistant Manager - Market Intelligence - Sector Agnostic (5-8 yrs)
Business Unit Overview
Market Intelligence: The MI team is a 100+ strong team spread across Kolkata, Gurgaon, and Mumbai.
We work with global corporations across industries such as TMT, Life Sciences, BFSI, retail-CPG, e-commerce, Professional Services, etc. We work closely with the strategy/leadership, sales & marketing, and internal research teams of our clients and deliver custom research that helps them solve their specific business challenges - from recognizing growth opportunities and competitive threats to staying future-ready.
Long-term engagements (FTE or retainer-based) contribute ~75% of the BU's revenues.
Our clients prefer us over our competitors because of our -
- Ability to work as a thought partner or as an extended team for the client - and apply the client's business lens while designing or executing research projects
- Ability to solution complex and unstructured business problems - and leverage a combination of different research methodologies (secondary, primary, social, digital) and tools
- Consistent focus on delivering - actionable insights- to our clients rather than providing pure - data/research reports-
- Seep domain expertise in sectors such as technology, telecom, healthcare, BFSI, etc.
- On time, predictable delivery that understands that deadlines are sacrosanct
- Offshore cost advantage
Role: Assistant Manager
Designation: Assistant Manager
LOB: Insights - Market Intelligence
Reporting to: Senior Manager
Location: Kolkata / Gurgaon
1. Independently lead and execute client projects in the market intelligence / secondary research space for clients across sectors such as CPG, BFSI, Retail, Consulting, etc.
2. Ensure client satisfaction by providing high-quality client deliverables with actionable insights
3. Collaborate with other teams as and when required (for client projects that have a primary research, analytics, content, etc. component in addition to secondary research)
4. Lead client communication independently throughout project lifecycle
5. Over time, play the role of an account manager on specific client accounts i.e. engage with relevant client stakeholders to understand their priorities/challenges, be a thought partner and suggest solutions, build rapport, keep track of key organizational changes, keep track of market changes that may impact client business, keep relevant stakeholders at NS updated, etc.
6. Over time, start playing a larger role in people management i.e., recruitment, training, building capabilities in the secondary research space
Skillsets and experience
We are looking for individuals who are motivated to build and expand capabilities in the market intelligence space - and are willing to take ownership of client relationships and project delivery. The core responsibility will be to work hands-on and execute client projects. Over time, the responsibilities will evolve both in terms of client/account management as well as team management, based on performance.
- Experience of handling custom market intelligence/research projects for external clients a must
- Strong project management skills. Ability to execute projects independently
- Excellent communication skills, ability to engage with global clients (past exposure to US clients desirable)
- Well versed with working on MS PPT, Excel, and Word
- 5- 8 years of relevant experience (market intelligence / secondary research / consulting)
Education - MBA or equivalent