HR at Neovia Logistics Services India Pvt Ltd
Views:203 Applications:41 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Neovia Logistics - Senior IT Analyst (8-12 yrs)
Job Purpose : Provides application and technical leadership in the development of detailed system specifications for major business changes and/or development, integration and implementation projects. Applies systems solutions t business/technical problems through customer interactions, and by providing assistance to less experienced analysts in the design, programming, debugging, testing, and integration/implementation of complex, medium to large-sized automated information technology systems, functional component of implementation, or business process re-engineering projects. May also undertake PMPs (People Management Process) in conjunction with a more senior manager
Job Related Characteristics : Business sense/Neovia knowledge, Diverse experience, strong presentation skills and Ability to influence in addition to Leadership, Delegation, Customer & leadership communication skills, stress tolerance, perseverance and Interpersonal skills, Judgment, Decision making, Sense of urgency, creativity, Risk management, team communication skills, Analysis, Customer focus, Teamwork/cooperation, Initiative, Work standards and accountability. In addition, the incumbent should have a good knowledge of Neovia policies and procedures, and a general understanding of Neovia organization.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- This position reports to an IT Manager, Senior IT Manager or IT Director, as do other staff jobs in application BY systems. Customers may include internal Neovia organizations (service centers and/or worldwide business units), suppliers, dealers, and/or end users of Neovia equipment.
- Responsibilities of the incumbents are along functional lines with individuals assigned development projects, and/or maintenance, of existing BY applications.
- The incumbent works independently on maintenance of in-place programs, systems, and/or BY application set up as well as on detailed specifications related to complex development, integration, and installation projects.
- They provide leadership and guidance to others in technical and application development disciplines.
1. Competent to perform all programming, project management, and development assignments without close supervision; normally assigned the more complex aspects of systems work
2. Acts as team leader for development and support groups; provides programming and application/technical leadership, guidance, and assistance to other team members
3. Plans, arranges and controls meetings, workshops and relations with client/user staff during system
investigations and throughout subsequent development work. Takes responsibility at a high level for the proper conduct of such relations.
4. Works directly on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution, including responding to off-shift and weekend support calls
5. Works independently on complex systems/programs that may be used by one or more applications or systems (harmonization)
6. Develops major system module, programs or integrates infrastructure components based on requirements gathered from customers
7. Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results
8. Fully knowledgeable of current programming languages, program design and specification development, programming logic, logic diagrams, system analysis techniques, testing, debugging, documentation standards, file design and storage; can provide training on these topics for others
9. Performs implementation and integration tasks for medium to large, complex in-house developed systems and/or purchased software solutions
10. Assists customers with documentation, training and usability efforts.
11. Integrates processes across functional organizations.
12. Other tasks and duties as directed.
Typical Profile :
Education and Experience :
1. Bachelors degree or a relevant degree, technical certification or equivalent experience
2. 8 12 years of programming experience, functional experience, and/or business processes is a prerequisite.
Skills and Competencies :
1. Knowledgeable in one or more of the following :
a. latest technology in programming languages
b. appropriate BY functional expertise in logistics area
c. computing hardware and software environments
d. MS Office productivity software for use in performing job
e. system integration processes
f. system administration processes and tools
g. development processes and tools
2. Establish and maintain effective relationships at all levels of the organization, and with external vendors
and regulatory agencies.
3. Effective written, verbal, and presentation skills with the ability to shift approaches based on audience.
4. Ability to communicate complex issues/solutions in a manner that is easily understood and actionable
despite the audience.
5. Critical thinking abilities using fact-based troubleshooting skills.
6. Ability to perform well within a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment that requires the management of multiple projects at once, without compromising quality and service levels.
7. Ability to maintain confidentiality of extremely sensitive data at all times.
8. Must have the ability to work well within a team environment as well as independently, have exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills and pay specific attention to details.
Standard Competency Levels :
- Practical / Technical Knowledge: Advance
- Planning / Organizing: Weekly
- Freedom to think / degree of autonomy: Standardized procedures
- Thinking challenge: Adaptative
- Freedom to act / Accountability: Standardized