Senior Manager - HR at MYK Laticrete
Views:327 Applications:21 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
MYK Laticrete - Director - Research & Development (8-12 yrs)
Experience : 8-12 Years
Key Responsibilities :
- Reporting to the VP of R&D, provides direction and leadership for the Research & Development department, Quality, and Quality Assurance departments, designs R & D and Quality strategic plans to meet company's short-term and long-term goals and objectives. This position works cross functionally and interacts globally.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
1. Supervising Chemists/Scientist, evaluate their work on an annual basis and set work and training goals annually.
2. Supervises the development work of Chemists/Scientist and ensure timely delivery of products as agreed upon with Sales and Marketing Department.
3. Communicates to other functions/departments, such as Marketing, Technical Service, Production, Human Resources, and Sales, and facilitates the interaction between R & D and the related functions.
4. Ensures testing and analytical capabilities of the R & D department to be on a level to serve National and International requirements.
5. Attends field trials of new products.
6. Facilitates internal roll outs of new products.
7. Includes International IRDS activities into the activities of MYK Laticrete R & D.
8. Drives Cost Out initiatives to ensure the most economical production cost with respect to the expected performance of the product.
9. Ensure compliance of all regulatory policies of the products sold
10. Publishes technical literature in industry related journals, magazines and books.
- Ph. D. in Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Material Science, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering or a related scientific discipline.
- Minimum experience of 5-8 years managing R&D activities in a multinational environment.
- Extensive knowledge of cement, cementitious materials, inorganic and organic materials, cement additives, functional materials, polymers, latexes, polymer modifiers, adhesives, coatings, resins and sealants for cement mortars/concretes, and surface chemistry is required
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in incorporating corporate values, global cultural expectations into day-to-day management practices.
- Excellent communication, presentation and relationship management skills, collaborative style, effective internal and external relations.
- Highly proactive individual, with strong levels of energy and interpersonal effectiveness.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Hands-on leader who can work closely with multiple levels of the organization
Travel: Moderate travel (30%) required to company's operating centers, domestic and international partners, and to support the organization's growth strategies. Must have or be able to obtain a passport.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.