Head - Talent Management at MTR Foods Pvt. Ltd.
Views:3201 Applications:598 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:58
MTR Foods - General Manager - Marketing (10-15 yrs)
Job Description for General Manager - Marketing
Main Challenges in this Position:
- Own the Category/Categories P&L- to drive profitable growth for the Category.
- Develop category & brand strategy.
- To independently manage marketing operations for the assigned category/set of categories.
- To work along a cross-functional team to deliver on innovations within the category.
- To lead and develop a team of Head/ Marketing Managers.
Responsibility and Mandate:
- Member of Ops Com- to drive execution across the organization.
- Ensure long term brand and business health of the categories
- Ensure category delivers objectives in respect of volumes, market share and margins.
- Develop the category /brand strategy that delivers consumer loyalty and generates demand.
- Drive the innovation process for the assigned categories.
- Develop and execute category advertising and promotion campaigns with cost-effective media mix to support brand objectives- across traditional & new age media.
- Determine marketing consumer research objectives, initiate research and integrate findings to product plans.
- Coordinate all category product initiatives through the entire value chain to ensure profitable growth.
- Drive cost reduction projects to deliver product margins.
- Handling > Rs30 cr of budgets. Team of 3 Heads/ Marketing Managers supporting the role.
Main Tasks and/or Projects:
- Build and execute category plans- using a strong consumer lens.
- Own the P&L for the category.
- Lead the innovation projects for the category/ categories.
- Support sales with Below the Line activities.
Criteria for Evaluation:
- Category Volume.
- Market Share.
- Contribution margin.
- Brand Health.
- Promotion effectiveness.
- Innovation plans and effective rollout.
- On Time in Full execution of all plans.
Education & Experience:
- Masters in Business Administration from top 25 B schools (2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 batch MBA graduates).
- Sound marketing concepts, analytic and interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of business dynamics in India.
- Experience in packaged foods industry.
- Experience in managing a team of Brand Managers.
- Strong business acumen.
- Good Domain Knowledge of Marketing with exposure to advertising development, media planning and consumer research.
- Consumer Insights.
- Prior project management experience.
- Understanding of FMCG sales system in India.
- Digital Media know-how.
- Experience in Innovation and NPD.
- Cross-functional collaborative skills
- Influencing skills
- High Initiative.
- Interpersonal Skills.
- Communication Skills.
- Analytical Ability.
- Organization Chart:
CEO > CMO > General Manager Marketing ->Head - Marketing -> Marketing Manager