Talent Acquisition Specialist at MSCI
Views:187 Applications:40 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:26
MSCI - Lead - Data Operations (9-13 yrs)
Your team responsibilities:
- Lead the newly created "Reference Entity & Entity Hierarchy" team under Company Data Operations Shared Service focusing on catering to all business functions i.e. Index, ESG & Climate and Analytics businesses. This team will be responsible to research and evaluate companies on multitude of factors to identify correct entity types and their corporate structure to understand their fitment for different business use cases.
- The team will be internal process expert in charge of developing and scaling MSCI production factory in lean manner into newer asset classes, especially Fixed Income. The position provides exposure to full life cycle of MSCI entity operations by its transversal nature interaction with all major business units.
- The ideal candidate will have a solid foundation in the financial markets as well as details of financial instruments. The candidate needs to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with emphasis on quality and accuracy. The candidate must be a self-starter who is proactive and assertive.
What we offer you:
- At MSCI we are passionate about what we do, and we are inspired by our purpose - to power better investment decisions. You'll be part of an industry-leading network of creative, curious, and entrepreneurial pioneers. This is a space where you can challenge yourself, set new standards and perform beyond expectations for yourself, our clients, and our industry.
- Wherever you are located you will find transparent compensation schemes and employee benefits that can help ensure your financial security and health. While they vary by different locations, we offer a broad range of benefits that are part of the value you receive as an MSCI employee.
- Our flexible ways of working will allow you to maximize your potential, and we will empower you with the trust, accountability, and advanced technology to perform at your very best.
- You'll find a purposeful approach to wellbeing to provide you with all the resources you need to be your best at work and in your personal life. Our 'Here For You' Employee Assistance Program is available for our employees globally, providing confidential emotional support, financial and legal advice free of charge.
Your key responsibilities:
The candidate will be member of highly skilled team setup to solve complex problems involving but not limited to the following:
- Evaluate and attribute linkages between entities as per MSCI methodology
- In house expert on Issuer and Issue data and corporate action.
- Setup process and execute coverage expansion initiatives systematically in tight coordination with universe management teams of different business units.
- Leverage existing infra and expand automated QA checks to detect data errors for broader universe.
- Represent MSCI in front of global client providing them expert advice on entity relationships and their treatment across different business units.
- Exposure to Equity & Fixed Income indexes, performance and analytics; Exchange and vendor data feeds and symbology etc.
- Perform in depth analysis of data, analytics and workflows in order to improve processes and/or develop new work tools in collaboration with Tech and Development teams.
- Collaborating across a global organization to service both internal and external clients in a shared services environment.
- Partnering with our product and coverage organization to service first-rate clientele including many of the world's central banks, leading financial institutions, hedge funds, and corporations.
Your skills and experience that will help you excel
- Masters degree in Finance/Economics from premier institute (including equivalents CFA, CA, FRM) or engineering degree with a solid experience in finance
- 9-12 years of relevant experience
- Working knowledge of financial markets data operations (Equity and Fixed Income)
- Excellent communication skills (both written and presentation), ability to work in multi-cultural environment
- Self-starter and drive to work in individual capacity with minimum oversight
- Solid background in Excel and Working knowledge of SQL
- Experience in working with global vendors will be a plus (Reuters, Bloomberg, Interactive Data, Factset etc.)
- Experience working with IT teams, knowledge of charting tools (Tableau, Power BI etc.) and basic coding skills to build Proof of Concept models (Python, R, other scripting etc.) will be added advantage.
- Exposure to different work shifts and schedules (but No US night shift)
How we'll support you:
- Our culture of high performance and innovation relies on our people sharing their knowledge and lifting each other up. You'll be surrounded by a collaborative, global network of talented colleagues who will support and inspire you to do the best work of your career.
- We believe new and challenging experiences drive personal growth and innovation. With the right challenges, encouragement, and development support you can shape your own career experience. Career paths are multi-directional, and we encourage and support internal mobility to help you identify new opportunities to progress and take control of your future.
- As a new joiner you'll be enrolled on our Global Orientation interactive learning experience to set you up for success.
- Our tailored learning opportunities will enable you to acquire the skills you need at your own pace, choosing between the courses and certifications best suited to you. Our Learning@MSCI platform coupled with access to LinkedIn Learning Pro will provide you with all the resources you need for to accelerate your professional growth.
- At MSCI we act in ways that encourage respect for all voices, ensuring that everyone can be themselves and feel like they are a part of the company. We are intentional about ensuring that everyone is treated fairly and supported with equal opportunities to succeed.
- We have eight MSCI Employee Resource Groups: All Abilities, Asian Support Network, Black Leadership Network, Climate Action Network, Hola! MSCI, Pride & Allies, Women in Tech, and Women's Leadership Forum.
MSCI is a leading provider of critical decision support tools and services for the global investment community. With over 50 years of expertise in research, data, and technology, we power better investment decisions by enabling clients to understand and analyze key drivers of risk and return and confidently build more effective portfolios. We create industry-leading research-enhanced solutions that clients use to gain insight into and improve transparency across the investment process.
To learn about life at MSCI visit careers.msci.com, follow us on LinkedIn and Glassdoor or join our Talent Community.
To all recruitment agencies:
MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location, or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected parental leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. MSCI is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please email Disability.Assistance@msci.com and indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. Please note, this e-mail is intended only for individuals who are requesting a reasonable workplace accommodation; it is not intended for other inquiries.
Note on recruitment scams : We are aware of recruitment scams where fraudsters impersonating MSCI personnel may try and elicit personal information from job seekers. Read our full note on our careers site.