MSCI - ESG Rating Analyst - BFSI Sector - ESG Ratings Operations Team (4-8 yrs)
Your Team responsibilities -
The ESG Ratings Operations team researches and rates companies on a AAA to CCC scale based on its exposure to industry specific ESG risks and its ability to manage those risks relative to peers. The team analyzes data sourced through internal and external data suppliers and follows a rule- based methodology to determine the rating. The companies rated are spread across the developed and emerging markets and range in size from large to small scale.
What we will offer you: Depending on your location of your role, you can expect
- Competitive fixed and variable compensation, holiday/vacation allowance & retirement savings plans/pensions
- Employee Resource Groups to support you in and out of the office
- A wide range of benefits including healthcare, dental plans, risk insurances and (location dependent) - cycle to work schemes, gym benefits, retail discounts,
- A purposeful approach to Wellbeing including training, support networks, membership to wellness platforms and vendors, and active local office communities
- A specific and deliberate planning to the physical offices in which we work, and support for everyone spending periods of time working remotely or at home. This approach mirrors our commitment to transparency and sustainability and puts the safety and wellness of our employees at the center of all we do. We aim to provide productive and sustainable work environments and technology that encourages collaboration, creativity and innovation.
Your key responsibilities
Your primary responsibility will be to review and analyze data sourced through internal & external vendors and apply a rules-based methodology to determine Ratings for companies based on its ESG performance. As a ratings analyst, you will focus on specific sectors - we are currently interested in hiring analysts for the Retail sectors. As a sector-specialist, you will be responsible for tracking and monitoring developments and trends in the sectors and assessing the ESG impact of those on companies in the sector. Your specific responsibilities shall include:
- Deliver high quality ESG research for companies in our global coverage on a timely basis.
- Support implementation of quality control measures and oversee research conducted by other members of the team;
- Co-ordinate with internal and external vendors in enhancing the quality of the data sourced
- Contribute to ongoing improvement of ratings model
- Contribute in implementing processes critical for ensuring operational stability.
Your skills and experience that will help you excel
- 6+ year of Experience in ESG or Equity or Policy research in the specified areas.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to articulate analytical viewpoints
- Strong Communication skills - both oral and written
- Comfortable working in a team environment across hierarchies, functions and geographies
- Self-driven; ability to work under minimum supervision
How we'll support you
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A performance and growth-oriented culture and values
- Opportunities for continuous learning to aid progression
- Goal based objectives and development plans
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
- Employee resource groups such as the Women's Leadership Forum, MSCIPRIDE, and Eco-Groups.
About MSCI and our teams:
MSCI is a market leader in Global Indexes, Smart Beta, ESG and Risk Management, and is at the forefront of the secular trends dominating the financial services landscape today. We are committed to the future sustainability and transparency of the financial markets. We create innovative products and services that allow our clients to make more informed investment decisions, and we provide investors with critical performance measurement and risk management data and analytics. Click here to see what we do (link to MSCI brochure)
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
MSCI is committed to developing a culture and workforce that reflects the clients and communities in which we operate. Increasing our diversity expands our talent pool which helps to accelerate innovation in all we do. We especially encourage members of historically underrepresented groups to apply, including women, ethnic minorities and those in the LGBTQ community.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.