Morningstar - Manager/Senior Manager - Workforce & Location Strategy (10-14 yrs)
Manager / Senior Manager - Workforce & Location Strategy
The Team: The Corporate team unites a variety of functions at Morningstar and each plays an essential role in supporting our company's strategic initiatives, day-to-day operations and infrastructure. The Talent & Culture team is the steward of Morningstar's unique culture. We create opportunity and rewards for our employees to achieve the highest level of productivity. By helping Morningstar employees succeed we contribute to Morningstar's success. An integral part of Talent & Culture, the Workforce and Location Strategy team plays a unique role in ensuring Morningstar has the right talent in the right location to grow our business.
The Role: We seek a highly motivated results-oriented candidate to drive Workforce and Location strategy projects. In this new role, you will collaborate with business leaders across the globe to analyze work and bring to fruition complex analysis focused on optimizing work location and strategy. Focused on delivering business success and transparency, this role will work closely with functional leaders to establish metrics and KPIs for success, coordinate work migration projects, determine trends in market, implement governance models for workforce strategy and drive operational excellence. This position requires you to be a liaison between local functions (T&C, Facilities, IT, etc.) and global managers who are planning to establish teams in our Growth & Innovation Hubs. (GIHs).
- Drive and manage change through work migration projects, dynamically reacting to evolving business needs and competing priorities
- Help develop frameworks to analyze the work performed by teams to determine an optimal mix of workforce strategies (location strategy, automation, partnerships, etc.)
- Analyze work, build process inventory and develop thorough understanding of work performed
- Partner with global and local teams to set-up and ensure adoption of metrics to be utilized both during work transition and post migration
- Provide project management expertise for complex projects to ensure on-time delivery
- Review competitive landscape to determine how other companies are addressing similar problems and determine external benchmarks to be used for workforce strategy projects
- Liaison with local teams to ensure effective team set-up/expansion T&C, Facilities, IT, etc.
- Continue to review work done in global locations to identify new location and workforce strategy opportunities
- 7+ years business experience with a focus on operational excellence and in-depth research and analysis
- A bachelors degree in Business, Communications, Analytics or related field
- Experience working with cross-functional and geographically dispersed teams
- A commitment to operational excellence, business scalability and innovation
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to collaborate with people at all levels across the organization
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills for managing competing demands and priorities
- Focus on process, project management with an interest in research
- Proven ability to problem-solve and multi-task
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.