HR at Morningstar
Views:1028 Applications:203 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:16
Morningstar - Associate Director - Products - Morningstar Investment Management (12-15 yrs)
Associate Director Products Morningstar Investment Management
The Group: The Investment Management group consists of our investment advice and investment management capabilities. Through our registered investment advisor subsidiaries, we use our expertise in asset allocation, manager selection, and portfolio construction to create innovative investment solutions for institutions, advisors, and their clients.
Morningstar Investment Adviser India has recently acquired a PMS license from SEBI and launched its Managed Portfolios in India.
The Role: Our team has an opening for a Product Manager. In this position, you will work with our investment & product teams in India and globally to develop and enhance our product offerings. It would involve seeking feedback from various internal and external stakeholders including PMS Sales team, Wealth Management organizations, National Distributors, IFAs and investors to understand their expectations and needs for various investment products aligned to Morningstar Investment Managements expertise and investment principles.
Through a combination of technical, product, and process knowledge, the role holder will seek to understand how advisers use our solutions to drive their business objectives, and then adapt and tailor a product strategy accordingly to deliver managed portfolios. This position will play an instrumental part in driving the growth of our managed portfolios business in India. We are looking for an ambitious self-starter with a stellar track record, a strategic approach, and a keen interest in product management.
- Understand Morningstar Investment Managements investment & product capabilities
- Build a product road map based on interactions with key client segments and internal stakeholders
- Build business plans incorporating product & business goals
- Strategize, plan & execute product road map
- Collaborate with sales & marketing teams to create suitable marketing & sales plans and help achieve business goals
- Seek feedback from internal & external stakeholders on product enhancements
- Ensure effective tracking of product goals
- Oversee the operations function and collaborate with key vendors such as custodian, software provider, etc.
- Participate and present as required at adviser sessions and conferences.
- Develop strong internal relationships and collaborate with account management, investment and operations teams to effectively articulate the value proposition of Morningstar Managed Portfolios.
- Typically has 12 to 15 years of experience in investment product management.
- A self-starter with a stellar sales track record in product management with Asset Management/Wealth Management Companies
- Sound knowledge of mutual funds and PMS
- Ability to collaborate effectively with key stakeholders together with excellent verbal & written communication and presentation skills
- Strong work ethic and professional demeanor. Results-driven with excellent attention to detail including an ability to prioritise in a fast-paced environment.
- Educated to at least masters degree in management or equivalent
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer. This role is based out of Mumbai location.