Senior Consultant at Morgan Stanley
Views:870 Applications:177 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:77
Morgan Stanley - Associate - Regulated Funds Coverage - Credit Risk/Risk Management (3-6 yrs)
Description - External
This role is within the Funds Coverage team in Mumbai covering APAC & Japan, the team is responsible for the credit assessment and risk management of the Firm's business with leveraged and non-leveraged funds, and provides product coverage for Morgan Stanley's Traded Product and Securities Financing businesses, including Prime Brokerage as well as bilateral OTC cleared and exchange traded client activity.
1. Counterparty credit analysis preparation of in-depth credit reviews for new clients, annual reviews for existing clients which includes Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Regulated Funds, and Asset Managers.
2. Setting credit limits and effectively managing excesses, interpretation of portfolio stresses, compiling recommendations and determining credit ratings.
3. Actively participate in due diligence meetings by phone/zoom, to better understand the client's business, risks and their requirements
4. Set appropriate trading terms for new clients being onboarded
5. Present your views and justify your proposals when challenged by your colleagues
6. Actively track the daily stress loss process for Prime Brokerage and Fund clients and oversee the investigation of any material changes.
7. Perform ad-hoc analysis of complex client portfolios in response to market events or idiosyncratic client developments.
8. Support key Business Unit relationships as product coverage within traded products and/or prime brokerage, including the establishment and communication of risk appetite, as well as identification of concentrations; ensuring appropriate risk measurement and monitoring/reporting of risk appetite metrics across MS legal entities
Qualifications - External
1. MBA Finance or CA with an experience of about 5+ years in Credit Risk Management (preferably Funds) with strong knowledge of credit risk in derivative products.
2. Advanced analytical and numerical skills to assimilate complex information rapidly
3. Ability to identify, analyze, condense, and articulate complicated ideas and findings clearly and succinctly
4. Superior reading comprehension, written, and verbal communication skills in English
5. Strong interpersonal skills and a commitment to teamwork
6. CFA or FRM would be an added advantage
7. Previous experience in risk management at a multinational financial institution is a plus
8. Understanding of the world of asset management and different investment fund structures and strategies is a plus