Senior Executive at Morgan Stanley
Views:6800 Applications:362 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:59
Morgan Stanley - Associate - Market Risk - Market Data Time Series (3-6 yrs)
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
We are looking for : Market Risk Associate - Market Data Time Series
For our Mumbai Office
- The cornerstone of Morgan Stanley's risk management philosophy is the execution of risk-adjusted returns through prudent risk-taking that protects Morgan Stanley's capital base and franchise.
- Risk Management protects the firm from exposure to losses resulting from defaults by our lending and trading counterparties. The Risk Management Division is responsible for the independent identification, analysis, reporting and escalation of all market, credit and operational risk exposures arising from the Firm's business activities, acting independently of business management and providing an effective challenge process.
Position Summary :
- Morgan Stanley is seeking an Associate to join the Market Risk Middle Office team within the Market Data Time Series function, based in Mumbai.
The successful candidate will be part of a global infrastructure team with a diverse range of responsibilities for data quality and process integrity, which encompasses extensive interaction with several stakeholders.
- Develop a profound understanding of the VaR model to help with impact analysis of market data changes
- Perform market data quality reviews and analysis
- Identify erroneous market data and appropriate sources for providing the correct data
- Design and implement appropriate data quality metrics to effectively monitor & resolve market data issues
- Help improve the statistical tools used for data quality analysis, participate in the IT development of new tools
- Work with the team on improving processes and governance
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and partners distributed in different regions and teams
- Work on regulatory and internal audit findings to remediate gaps in reporting/data issues
- Provide functional supervision for a small team of analysts
Skills Desired :
- Strong quantitative background, ideally at least Masters level in a quantitative discipline
- Strong interest in financial markets, financial products
- 3-5 years- experience in a bank, ideally in a quantitative or modelling role. Management experience is a plus.
- Ability to build good working relationships across a number of different areas and regions, attention to detail
- Coding experience in Python or a similar language
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (in English)
For more information and to apply, please visit our website and upload your English CV here.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.