Senior Manager - Human Resources at Mobileum India Pvt Ltd.
Views:3122 Applications:399 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Mobileum - Director - Financial Reporting - CA/CPA (12-14 yrs)
Mobileum: Who are we?
Mobileum delivers analytics solutions that generate revenues, reduce costs and accelerate digital transformation for more than 600 Communications Service Providers (CSPs)across 150 countries. Mobileums solutions help to grow and protect existing CSP revenue streams, as well as drive new revenues through business model innovation. Mobileum focuses on key CSP domains including roaming and interconnect, counter fraud and security, data monetization and digital transformation. Mobileums success is built on its unique Active Intelligence platform which combines analytics and engagement technology with deep network and CSP systems integration to deliver end to end solutions.
Mobileum is based in Californias Silicon Valley, with offices in Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Chile, Dubai, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, India, Jordan, Malaysia, Mexico, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, the United Kingdom, and Uruguay.
How will you make a difference and what will you learn?
You will be a part of team that will set up framework for efficient and effective business processes by adopting a global shoring model. You will have a unique opportunity to maintain up-to-date knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP and report financial statements in local GAAP, IFRS (for businesses that are consolidated at EU level) and US GAAP (ultimate enterprise level reporting. You will design business processes, drive consistency, efficiency and process innovation. You will also have an opportunity to build your own team consisting of technical accountant(s), senior accountant(s).
Position: Director of Financial Reporting in matrix organization; with direct reporting to Senior Vice President in Bangalore and dotted line to the Global Controller in the US.
Responsibilities & Deliverables: Your deliverables will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead data migration audit for regions that have ERP changes
- Understand latest technical issues and their implications on Operating and Financial Review, local country reporting, Ind AS requirements, US GAAP, etc.
- Assess accounting policies and procedures to confirm compliance with regulatory/ industry standards
- Evaluate existing accounting or auditing methods and procedures and develop or recommend modifications or new procedures
- Support Global Controller in defining uniform accounting policies, chart of accounts mapping
- Reconciliations (Intercompany, general ledger to sub ledger, etc.)
- Perform cost accounting and control including variance analysis, cost of sales computations
- Oversee Fixed Asset accounting and impairment
- Support acquisition accounting and goodwill adjustments
- Prepare financial statements for Local GAAP, IFRS and US GAAP
- Drive accuracy and timeliness of all deliverables
- Maintain strong controls ensuring all group policies
- Build a culture of continuous improvement that ensures process flows and standard operating procedures are both kept current and reviewed by all staff and stakeholders, and constantly enhanced and improved
- Building a strong team within the SSC, including talent development and hiring
- As a part of the extended finance leadership team you will contribute to the continuous finance transformation
- 12-14 years experience with CA/CPA
- Currently Controller in a medium to large Technology Product or Services company
- In depth knowledge and experience of converting Local GAAP Financial Statement to US GAAP; and preparing consolidated financial statements and complex accounting adjustments (such as, business combinations, leases, impairment, financial instruments)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with independent auditors
- Ability to work with virtual, global teams
- Deep understanding of accounting principles and their application
- Expertise of working on spreadsheets
- Managerial experience of five years
- Knowledge of IFRS, Great Plains ERP preferred
- International work and culture exposure to the US, UK and Europe