HR at Merck Life Science Private Limited
Views:1932 Applications:372 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:57
Merck Group - Head - Customer Excellence (10-19 yrs)
Head of Customer Excellence
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY :
Based in Bangalore India, you will head the department of Customer Excellence for the business of Life Science division. With your know-how, energy, structured problem solving and leadership skills, you will lead the team to fulfill customer's needs, drive projects to continuously optimize the process, as well as to transform the organization for future needs. You will report to Head of Shared Business Service.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION :
To manage overall activities of Customer Excellence CoE of Shared Business Service. Develop metrics to measure the team and individual performance who will interact with all levels of process. This role is highly motivated, result-oriented, organized and flexible enough to handle different variety of tasks and adapt to various business needs and requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
- Lead and manage large scale Customer Excellence operations (order to cash cycle, technical services etc) for multiple geographic locations. Span of control 150-200 FTEs
- Expand the existing service offerings to grow the CoE
- Manage multiple stakeholders across geographies with competing priorities
- Define and deliver on CoE objectives and key metrics to measure productivity and customer experience
- Manages the process of building an effective team - interviewing, coaching and developing change agent behaviors through effective leadership and interpersonal skills
- Drive adoption of new technologies, systems and processes
- Create an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort
- Demonstrate Strategic planning and organizational design skills for long term success
- Successfully drive process integrations, business migrations and roll out of global projects
- Manage and adhere to the Annual Operating Plan
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS :
- Graduation/Post Graduation in Business or Science from a reputed University.
- Lean Six Sigma Black belt
- Working and functional knowledge of Lead to Satisfaction process (Sales Support, Customer Service, Technical Service)
- Candidate should possess minimum 10-years of Management experience with overall 15+ years of total experience.
- Working experience of Multicultural and Global matrix organization.
Technical/Other Competencies :
1. Business Acumen :
- Strength in ability to assess, diagnose and prioritize multiple inputs
- Highly professional, have good judgment, able to multitask and demonstrated ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to express ideas clearly, confidently, and diplomatically
- Experience working in an international team environment
- Experience in the life science, pharmaceutical or biotech industry preferred
2. Microsoft Office- Proficient :
- Advance Knowledge of MS Word, MS Excess and Power Point.
- Familiar with macro.
- Advance knowledge of MS Access.
3. Communication Skills (Written/Spoken English)- Expert Proficiency Expected :
- Excellent in written and spoken English. Moreover, should have capability to work with team from different geographies and people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to effortlessly work across cultures - emails and phone etiquettes.
Behavioral Competencies :
1 Proven ability to mentor, coach, lead and motivate across levels
2 Strong Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
3 Excels in collaborative environment to meet strategic objectives and possesses ability to work independently and cross functionally
4 Advance proficiency in Interpersonal skills, Planning & execution, Customer orientation, Business acumen, Impactful communication and Nurturing teams
5 Proficiency in Strategic orientation and Leading change
ADDITIONAL LOCAL NEEDS :
This Position is required to work in Shifts (Manage teams in NA and LATAM)