Meesho - Assistant Category Manager - IIT/NIT/BITS/IIM (1-3 yrs)
Why join Meesho ?
Meesho is building a disruptive distribution channel via social selling on WhatsApp, Facebook and other social channels. Meesho has so far enabled 15,000 suppliers and 2,000,000 resellers to start and grow their online business without any investment, providing tools around sourcing, logistics and payments. These social sellers are small retailers, housewives, students, retired citizens and many other aspiring entrepreneurs across India.
Want to know how Meesho is impacting the lives of resellers across the country? Then hear it from our entrepreneurs here and about Meesho's four year journey here ! Plus, we have an awesome work culture at Meesho. Have a look here.
Meesho is Series D funded with a new investment round led by South African company Naspers Ventures along with participation from Facebook and existing investors such as SAIF, Sequoia, Shunwei Capital, RPS and Venture Highway. Meesho is headquartered in Bengaluru, India and was one of the three Indian companies to be selected for Y Combinator in 2016. It was also a part of the first batch of Google Launchpad - Solve for India programme.
About the Role
- Driving marketplace growth of the category,
- Should be able to identify broader trends and fill category gaps
- Supplier Relationship building
- Responsible for merchandising
- Assortment planning
- Should be able to coordinate with marketing, supply chain, catalog team, finance/commercial and other functions of the organization.
- Should have prior experience or enough knowledge & confidence to manage merchandising operations
- Inbound planning
- Catalogue monitoring
- Discount monitoring