Medtronic - Strategy Manager (6-8 yrs)
Strategic Initiatives and Plan
Strategic Planning (Long term Focus)
- Support business team in working on India strategy plan.
- Conduct workshops and collaborate with each Business Unit to determine key strategies for each business unit that they would want to drive.
- Collaborate with business units to create business and financial cases for their key strategies.
- Help integrate the strategy to the short term (i.e. AOP) and long-term goals.
- Provide support and insight into significant organizational changes (e.g. shift in strategic focus, mergers and acquisitions)
- Assess the company's operational and strategic performance
- Align processes, resources-planning and department goals with overall strategy
- Data analytics on account-based planning, territory-based achievements & historical trends of the same.
Monitor, Communicate and Track key strategic initiatives and business strategies
- Prepare the content for monthly and quarterly review of strategies for India and International Management.
- Liaise with project / initiative stakeholders on an ongoing basis to track milestones, deliverable & results.
- Analyze results and troubleshoot problem areas.
- To continuously manage the business portfolio of key initiatives, analyze progress & aid in decision-making.
- Any Bachelor's degree with high academic attainment.
- An MBA from a top tiered Institution is a must
Relevant prior Experience
- 6+ years of experience
- Experience in Business analytics and strategy/Consulting/Project Management
- Understanding of the Healthcare and medical device industry
- Requires practical sales, business development and management knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics for one or more products. Typically has advanced knowledge and skills within the sales discipline, with understanding of the impact of work on other areas of the organization
Skills required for successful performance in this Role
Communication skills and Interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to summarize complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Presentation skills would be essential to have
- Excellent poise and confidence when interacting with colleagues and business heads.
- Professional presentation and "Presence"
- Highly established analytical and strategic planning skills
- Ability to comprehend complex data analyze and simplify it to draw conclusions from the data
- Capable of conforming to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Sound Business Acumen, able to understand the business/market situations and make good judgments
- Should be able to visualize the impact of initiatives on Medtronic business, competition, and the marketplace. Utilize this knowledge to the benefit of the business.
- Financial modeling (must be very comfortable with Excel) - to build business cases on revenue impact and financials for strategies
Business Partnership / Collaborative
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders - Internally with Business Units in Medtronic and externally with Hospital administration and strategy dept.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility & acceptance with all level of stakeholders
Attributes that will help to successfully accomplish the job
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Clarity of thought required to be able to plan, develop and drive strategies for BUs.
- Always demonstrates grit to complete the assignment despite challenges
- Understands and delivers to stakeholders expectations at all times
- Go getter with a positive attitude, committed and full of integrity
- Self-Starter, high on initiative
- Well organized, able to set and reset priorities, willing to work extended hours
- Able to effectively multi task and juggle with multiple activities simultaneously
- Adaptability and flexibility to work in a dynamic and complex environment
- Flexible during times of change, accepts change and motivates self and team to adapt to change.
- Has ability and willingness to learn from experiences and applies past learning to new situations and changing situations successfully
- Seeks continuous improvement of self, team and processes, bring up innovative ideas to enhance business.
- Flexible, resourceful, adaptable, and thoughtful