Talent Advisor - Commercial at Medtronic
Views:434 Applications:41 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Medtronic - Legal Manager (10-12 yrs)
This position is at one level below the "Director - Legal & Compliance".
Looking for a competent professional with 10-12 years of experience, who can demonstrate leadership skills, manage and drive the team to deliver more and can scale up to the next level in the coming few years.
Someone who has worked with organisations working on a distributor model, will be ideal fit for the role.
Candidates from Service based companies (Insurance/ IT etc.), please refrain from applying.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES -
- Advising various business verticals and functions on legal issues
- Interpretation of laws and regulations and advising on their applicability
- Strategizing and formulating litigation strategy in line with commercial objectives of the Company
- Handle court cases independently, as and when required
- Draft and vetting court pleadings, legal notices, responses to legal notices etc. and briefing outside counsels and law firms
- Managing outside counsels to derive the optimum synergies
- Collaborate with management to devise efficient proactive strategies
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on potential legal issues
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (customers, regulators, external counsels, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
- Draft, negotiate and manage the agreements, contracts, MoUs, LoIs, and other legal documents to ensure and protect the company's legal rights
- Responsible for managing Passport - an inhouse litigation system
- Review and recommend revisions to templates periodically, to reflect new requirements
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
- Assisting with training and preparation of policies and procedures
- Maintain current knowledge or amendments in legislation
- Proven experience as a legal counsel in business environment
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of contract law, civil and criminal laws, corporate law and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to create legal strategies
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information
- Excellent communication and team skills
The individual must have served for a minimum of three years in a position that required the incumbent to lead a team.