McCain - Manager - Stores & Warehouse (14-19 yrs)
Stores manager will be responsible for custom clearance, efficient receipt, storage, issue, value-adding servicing and dispatch / exports of a wide variety of products such as Raw Material, Finish goods, machinery / spare parts and other items used in plant and custodian of gate records for incoming and outgoing materials . He will ensure team engagement and plant productivity targets are achieved and that all warehouse processes are running smoothly and promptly and compliances are met. He must achieve inventory accuracy, coordinate orders, and track shipping times, ultimately overseeing the fulfillment of all of product orders on time.
Instructions for Responsibilities and Accountabilities: List the major responsibilities and accountabilities of the position in order of importance with most important being first etc. Each item should describe what the person in this position have to accomplish at McCain. (i.e. what the job produces) as well as the key activities that lead to the outcomes:
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Ensure the stores and warehouse operates at peak efficiency, with customer satisfaction being the primary goal, by supervising, organizing, directing, and training stores and warehouse employees and establishing, monitoring, and managing operation goals
- Develop warehouse operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements, equipment utilization, inventory optimization, gate processes, and shipping
- Train and manage a warehouse team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals
- Oversee daily operations, while controlling and managing material receipt, inventory and logistics
- Review and prepare workflow, manning and space requirements, equipment layout, and action plans while ensuring productivity, quality and customer service standards are met
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations
- Plans, designs and implements daily activities of team members and overall stores and warehouse management process for the organization.
Global Job Descriptions :
- Driving and ensuring compliance to various compliance requirements as per Labor Law, Import and Export Rules, GST, weight and measurement requirement etc.
- Conducting weekly and monthly audit of stock.
- Ensuring Upkeep of tools, Infrastructure and equipment.
- Setting up inventory targets through proper backup analysis, ensuring consistent targets on Inventory management are met and drive inventory reduction initiatives.
- Foster a Quality and Food Safety Culture in the Stores Organization by ensuring implementation of McCain Quality standards requirements, FSSC 22000 and other customer requirements such as AIB.
- Track, monitor and report to the leadership on Quality and Food Safety performance in accordance with the McCain KEFSQ & other requirements.
- Interface with internal and external customers to assure quality expectations are met, including managing customer relations through written and verbal communications
- Participate in on going Q&FS audits and facilitate the root cause and corrective action process, providing timely resolutions to internal customer inquiries, feedback investigations, and corrective actions.
- Ensure Allergen Management Practices are updated and followed during storage of raw and semi processed ingredients.
- Ensure strict implementation of the IPM program to eliminate any issues of infestation during storage.
- Understand and assess the risk of - intentional adulteration- whereby product is intentionally contaminated with a physical, chemical or biological hazard and control visitors access to the store site. Periodically monitor products for signs of tampering and immediately report this to their supervisor.
- Design and Implement a pallet inspection program to ensure pallets are suitable for use (e.g, clean, dry, free from mold, off odors and infestation, no broken woods or loose nails etc.)
- Ensure all inbound and outbound vehicles are clean & meets McCain Q&FS requirements. Design and Implement an escalation mechanism to quarantine products if found not meeting McCain requirements.
- Ensure forklift trucks are in good repair and parked in designated place to prevent any cross contamination with stored ingredients or finished goods.
- Ensure periodic calibration of equipment's such as temperature gauge, RH indicators etc. in the warehouse
- Maintain a live inventory of food grade and non-food grade lubricants
- Implement a strong traceability program and participate in periodic recall exercises in collaboration with Quality, Manufacturing and Supply Chain.
- Participate in the scheduled Quality and Food Safety Self Inspection programs and motivate team for cross-functional engagement.
- Design a robust inspection program for packaged finished goods receipt from manufacturing and ensure cases of SOC are eliminated.
- Keeping records of materials moving in and out gate through RGP, NRGP, challans etc. and Prepare monthly report for all Incoming and outgoing material and ensure all RGP are closed within time.
- Ensuring ISO 14001-management system certification by updating impact aspect assessment, goals and objectives, internal audits and management review meetings.
- Strongly following safety standards and ensure to adherence it from employees and site visitors.
- Develop, implement and maintain strong environmental reporting mechanism to ensure carbon emission footprints.
Global Job Descriptions :
- Analytical skills, Report Writing Skills, Reporting Skills, Supply Management, Scheduling, Microsoft Office Skills, Time Management, Presentation Skills, Negotiation Skills,
1. Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with multiple tasks and projects at hand
2. Able to organize and manage large amounts of tasks, schedules, and information
3. Self-directed and able to work without supervision
4. Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
5. Comfortable in both a leadership and team-player role, manages team members, leads assistant meetings, and supervises when needed
Instructions for Requirements: Record the ideal qualifications for someone to take on this job (note: current incumbents may have different backgrounds). If you were looking to hire someone for this job, what background and qualifications would be required and/or desired ? This should briefly describe what a person needs to be successful in this position.
- Must Master's degree in Material Management and or B.Tech in any discipline or equivalent.
- Nice to have: MBA/ Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- Must have: Microsoft Office Skills, SAP Knowledge
- Nice to have: Experience in Manufacturing environment