HR at McCain Foods India Pvt Ltd
Views:2668 Applications:638 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:15
McCain Foods - Category Manager - Freight & Logistics (8-12 yrs)
We are passionate about food. But we're even more passionate about our People!
About the role:
The Category Manager - Freight & Logistic (India) role is responsible for strategic sourcing of Freight & Logistics spend for India. The scope would cover freight and storage spends across Finished Goods, Potato, Seed and Export to other markets.
This role will report to the Head of Procurement.
- Strategic Sourcing & Category Management - To create robust sourcing strategies for all of core areas being managed. Includes supply market and industry analysis, category and supplier segmentation, negotiations, contract management and execution. A key deliverable for this role would include driving SCA (sustainable cost advantage) & cost avoidance initiatives for bottom line efficiency. Demonstrates a good understanding of TCO (Total cost of ownership) model and various processes applicable to drive cost reductions.
- Business and Stakeholder Management - Establishes ongoing communication and process to ensure high levels of stakeholder engagement, participation, and satisfaction. Participates in stakeholder connections for respective functional areas to build and maintain ongoing linkages with sourcing strategy, category management, supply base design and ongoing supplier relationship management.
- Supplier Relationship Management - Manages supplier relationships to encourage supplier innovation and maximize value contributions to McCain. Responsible for steering quarterly business reviews with strategic and critical suppliers around long term objectives, performance scorecard assessments, ongoing market trends and innovation. Meets with preferred suppliers on a regular basis to ensure contractual obligations are being met or exceeded through management of established KPIs.
- Spend Governance - Leads, controls and drives improvement in the transactional buying processes for respective category areas in order to capitalize on opportunities, drive productivity, and deliver quality and service requirements for all business stakeholders and driving the same through structured contracts with suppliers in line with the policy guidelines.
- Financial Planning and Reporting - Works closely with Finance, Supply Chain and Agriculture teams to define budgets based on market assumptions and manage budgets for respective category areas. Has ownership and accountability for goals and objectives tied to productivity, innovation, and cash flow.
- Benchmarking- Constantly seeks and reviews industry and category specific best practices, processes and systems to leverage opportunities within the McCain Global network and also externally in the market. Research and stays updated on industry trends that may impact existing and/or future category strategies. Shares best practices within the team and functional stakeholders
- MBA with 8+ years of relevant experience preferably in same space.
- Supply Market & Key Drivers Understanding
- Ability to lead & participate in cross functional teams.
- Strong supplier management skills
Apply Now if you are looking to be part of a flourishing and energetic environment! Join a recognized brand known throughout households across the globe!