HR at Max Life Insurance
Views:1818 Applications:399 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:200
Max Life Insurance - Assistant Vice President - External Communications (10-14 yrs)
Designation : Assistant Vice President - External Communications
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Reporting To : CVP - Corporate Communications
Location: New Delhi
JOB SUMMARY :
- The AVP - Corporate Communications will primarily support the development and management of strategic public relations, media relations and communications programs in line with Organisation's Corporate and Marketing Objectives.
- The position will also encompass working closely with the CMO, CEO and other senior functional leaders in developing an organization wide communications plan, including leadership communication, partner with them for their functional communication requirement as well.
- The position also encompasses day-to-day management of the PR agencies and other service providers, crisis communications planning efforts and select high-level community relations initiatives in partnership with Max India Foundation. .
Responsible for :
- Corporate PR
- Regional PR
- Content Creation
- Internal communication partner
- PR Analytics
- Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
Strategic Management and Planning
- To develop and implement a Media and PR strategy to help deliver the Organisational strategy. Providing direction to agencies, planning the course of PR activities.
- To Support the Head of corporate communications in developing a high level and well integrated communications plan based on the organisation strategy and positioning that will cover all aspects of public communications and outreach, including media relations, community relations activities, recruiting efforts at all levels, and diversity initiatives, among others.
- To co-ordinate and direct the management and delivery of organisation-wide strategic communication initiatives.
- To participate in meetings of the Executive Members Team as required, contributing effectively to the overall management of the Organisation.
Cross-organisational activity :
- Together with the Head of Corporate Communications, to identify and communicate key messages, campaigns and themes concerning Max Life Insurance, industry, consumer and research.
- To work closely with the Head of Corporate Communications and other key stake holders of the Company in ensuring that there is coherence and consistency in all external communication and branding
- To ensure that the Max Life Insurance Media and PR activities are integrated with the overall theme of the year.
- To ensure that the Media and PR team contributes strongly to the development and delivery of effective campaigning themes and messages, Partnering the Policy and Campaigns team which has lead responsibility for this area.
- To work closely with the Head of Corporate Communications and Digital Marketing team to ensure new social media and digital opportunities are developed strategically to partner Max Life Insurance overall Business plan.
- To work closely with the head of Corporate Communications in customer and agent communication for developing CEO messages for :
- Distribution Portal
- Customer Portal
- Corporate Web-site
- To extend support for internal communication initiatives
- CEO Webcast / E-mailers - messaging and presentation
- Co-creating internal communication initiatives with HR
- Internal employees and agent meets
Public Relations responsibility:
- Develop proactive and reactive PR strategic plans which complement and amplify the overall Sales & Marketing objectives for the Organisation.
- Obtain positive media coverage for various promotions, events, initiatives, and offerings year round.
- Create media personalities within the Organisation to generate positive exposure for the Organisation.
- Media Mapping and Building Media Relations
- Identifying PR opportunities by interacting with various internal stakeholders and by analysing macro economic and industry issues
- Building knowledge about industry issues and create house views on those
- Digital PR
- Media / IFAs / Bloggers Contact Programme execution
- News Disseminations - About Max Life / Competition / Industry
- Coordination with Regional affiliates of PR agency to execute regional plans
- Drawing Regional PR plan
- Driving and measuring PR execution with regional teams
- Writing for award entries for the company, annual report, external communication such as press releases, media responses, byline articles on behalf of senior, management, feature stories, company announcements, content writing for various publicity materials as and when needed
- Primary liaison and creative director for any photo or video shoots on property
- Briefing books for spokespersons
- Media Training facilitation
- Monthly Dashboard update
Media and PR positioning and monitoring :
To develop and maintain process to identify at an early stage emerging themes in Life Insurance space and their implications for the Organisation Media and PR activities.
Generating buzz in New Media (such as social network sites, portals, blogs etc) through timely and proper communication, ability to stop any immediate damage through proper communication
Partner Volunteer Programme; Work with Max India Foundation and Max Life offices for execution of CSR programmes of the company and to provide PR Partner. Support Head - Corporate Communications in creating agenda and minutes for CSR Committee meetings.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS :
Quantity, Quality and Timeliness of implementation of PR initiatives measured through reports from independent media analytics agencies
- Quality of content created
- Degree of Partner to internal communication
- Volunteer programme and number of CSR events as per pre-decided calendar
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Post Graduate in management or public relations
- 10-12 years work experience
- Corporate Communications / Media relations and content creation experience
- Service industry experience preferable