Matrimony.com - Head - Customer Service (18-20 yrs)
Job Code MMMCCEX01 Band: Level(s):
Designation Title - Deputy General Manager - Customer Services
Role Operations Head - Customer Service
Reporting to Business Head
About Us Matrimony.com Ltd is one of India's largest consumer internet companies and the most trusted matrimony brand in the world with strength of over 3500 associates in India and abroad. We are India's first consumer Internet Company to get listed with market capitalisation of more than Rs.1200 Crores.
Matrimony.com provides both match-making and marriage related services through websites, mobile sites and mobile applications and is also complemented by 130+ company owned retail outlets. Its flagship products are Bharat Matrimony, Community Matrimony and Elite Matrimony in the match-making business, with over 5 million active members availing our services.
With a strong leadership in match-making, Matrimony.com has been expanding into the highly unorganised $55 billion marriage services industry. Our goal is to build a billion dollar revenue company as a long lasting institution with a legacy for the generations to come. Our offerings in the marriage services business are matrimonybazaar.com and mandaps.com.
The Customer Service department provides professional and high-quality assistance to customers of matrimony.com throughout the customer life cycle.
Role Overview The Operations Head- Customer Service, is a key strategic and operational leadership role responsible for the development, continuous improvement and delivery of customer service and the strategic development of operational requirements, process and technology, to deliver key service outcomes for customers. The incumbent would be responsible for identifying and developing cultural, process and performance improvements for the customer and for leading/developing a team who typically deliver customer interactions across multiple channels.
Key Responsibilities - Strategically lead and develop an operational team to enhance performance by setting clear accountable performance measures
- Responsible for-Profit Centre/Cost Centre Budgets.
- Take keen interest to create strong and diversified culture and processes to achieve business goals and objectives with regard to customer service
- Improve NPS (Net Promoter Score) / CSAT (Customer Satisfaction) other Customer Metrics
- Responsible for reduction of the cost to serve
- Lead, motivate, empower and engage the Customer Service Team and ensure continuous up-skilling in customer services through evaluation, development and training of teams
- Enhance the First Call Resolution by prompt action where necessary
- Identify new strategies, tools and technologies to improve customer service experience
- Drive better sales through enhanced quality of service & monitor closely on a weekly basis
- Use Customer Insight and Root Cause Analysis to assess, execute and manage companywide improvements
- Act as the Voice of the Customer & Champion Customer Service across the organisation.
- Identifying and providing feedback through 1:1s, effective use of personal development plans and provision of training, coaching & development opportunities.
- Define, negotiate and agree the effective utilisation of resources in line with service specifications.
- Work effectively with all peers and stakeholders (Product, Tech, IT, Business & Support Teams) to negotiate and influence customer improvements
- Continually develop improvements and embed successful change projects.
- Drive quality and consistency
Skill and Competencies:
- Strong strategic and customer focus with a clear understanding of the wider issues impacting related markets.
- Proven Management and/or relationship management experience in a senior/strategic level role
- Established track record of exceeding targets, KPI's SLA- s, in a quality driven & compliant environment
- Strong with data management and analysis, ability to translate raw consumer support data and information into actionable solutions and strategies.
- Demonstrated the ability to identify and automate manual processes to bring in cost effectiveness and improve customer experience.
- Strong understanding of financial metrics including cost management, budget allocation, call forecasting, and revenue generation.
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects with stringent deadlines, possess strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, work effectively under minimal supervision, and inspire the team
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong presentation, negotiation & influencing skills
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and communicate with others at all levels and exhibit interpersonal effectiveness
- Stakeholder management, a team player who quickly builds trust and collaborative working relationships with teams and business leaders
- Demonstrated ability to proactively embrace and drive a positive and transformational change.
- Ability to adapt and succeed in a changing and fast paced environment
- Strategic agility and passion for innovation
Education and Experience:
- Graduate/Post Graduate from a renowned university.
- 15+ years of experience of which minimum of 8+ years should have been in handling large customer service teams
- Fluency in English, Tamil and Hindi (preferable)
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially in MS Power-point.
Job Location : Chennai