MasterCard - Senior Managing Consultant - Merchant Analytics - SME - IIM/ISB/FMS/MDI (8-15 yrs)
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company.
Senior Managing Consultant, Merchant Analytics SME
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
MasterCard Advisors, the professional services unit of MasterCard, provides Consulting Services (including Business Strategy, Proposition & Operating model design, Performance Optimization, Marketing, Information and Risk Management) to Financial Institutions, Merchants and Governments worldwide. With its unique Payments expertise, deep understanding of customer needs and successful track record in addressing complex challenges throughout the Payments lifecycle, MasterCard Advisors has established a strong track record of successfully addressing the challenges and opportunities of its clients.
We are looking for talent that can use broad Retail, Travel, Technology, Digital, Media, and/or Payments industry experience and deep knowledge of the application of big data quantitative analytics to provide hands-on support for information product development and custom analytical project delivery that satisfies and retains a global client base. Working with colleagues and clients locally and in-market, the talent will systematically leverage our extensive experience to create and deliver powerful consulting-lead solutions & standard methodologies to generate high client impact and improve profitability.
- Manage and actively engage with clients on projects across Merchant verticals like Travel (Airlines, Hotels), Restaurants, CPG, Non-CPG, Technology, Digital etc.
- Understand Client's business objectives & rigorously and logically identify issues.
- Generate key hypotheses and independently structure work at the stream or small project level
- Identify creative and useful additional analyses required and suggest new paradigms for recommendations
- Create effective, impactful and quality assured storylines and slides at stream or small project level
- Synthesize analyses into clear, sound recommendations; takes responsibility for structuring and writing reports and client ready presentations from a work stream or project level.
- Collect and synthesize feedback from clients, project delivery analysts, and sales teams for new solutions or product enhancements. Provide design specifications, functional and technical requirements for development of new products and solutions.
- Proactively seeks new knowledge and structures project work to facilitate the capture of Intellectual Capital with minimal oversight
- Actively participate in business development support and thought leadership activities and ensure knowledge, know-how and best practices are shared and leveraged internally to continuously improve quality and productivity
All About You
- Experience in managing large Clients, hands-on business analysis, Segmentation and Modeling, Advanced Analytical frameworks for solving business problems
- Advanced degree in Economics/Statistics/Mathematics or B.E. in a technical or quantitative discipline before M.B.A from Tier 1 Business Schools
- Comfortable with high performance culture; with ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to details
- Ability to work on a team or independently
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Experience in Merchant/Retail sector and payments industry preferred
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We- ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we- re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.-