HR at MARSH MCLENNAN GLOBAL SERVICES INDIA PRIVATE LLIMITED
Views:1408 Applications:147 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:67
Marsh & McLennan - Senior Manager - Financial Crime Compliance & Sanctions (13-20 yrs)
Senior Manager - FCC & Sanctions
As a global leader in insurance broking and risk management, we are devoted to finding diverse individuals who are committed to the success of our clients and our organisation. Joining us will provide a solid foundation for you to accelerate your career in the risk and insurance industry. You will join a team of talented professionals from across the globe which is dedicated to helping clients manage some of the world's most challenging and complex risks. We can promise you extraordinary challenges, extraordinary colleagues, and the opportunity to make a difference.
Role Description :
The role will have prime focus on the Financial Crime Compliance Unit. The FCC is a global COE consisting of approximately 30 staff, divided into three Teams, Client Due Diligence, Screening and Third Parties Due Diligence, and deals with numerous internal stakeholders globally on a daily basis. It performs critical screening and risk assessment services for a number of the Group's key operating companies. Effective screening and risk assessment assists MMC to meet its legal and regulatory requirements and protect its reputation. The FCCU's primary reporting line is into the Group Head of Financial Crime, with a local reporting line into the India Head of Compliance.
The FCU is divided into three teams, as follows:
- The Client Due Diligence Team is responsible for providing Financial Crime Due diligence support to multiple business across regions in regard to the process of Onboarding clients, both new and at renewal.
- The Third Parties Provider Due Diligence team is responsible for assessing all of MMC third party relationships globally, primarily in relation to the risk of bribery and corruption.
- The Screening team is responsible for conducting risk-based sanctions screening program, pursuant to the MMC Group Sanctions Compliance Policy and help comply with economic sanctions, anti-terrorist financing laws, export controls, prevent fraud and anti-money laundering and other criminal activities
The role will cover Anti-Bribery & Corruption, Sanctions, KYC and AML. This includes:
- Implementing KYC, third party, sanctions and AML due diligence policies, screening and risk assessment processes
- Day-to-day management and development of the FCU, and continuing to build and enhance the level of capability
- Proactively building resilience and efficiencies into the FCU operating model
- Being the local SME for KYC, third party, sanctions & AML screening
- Ensuring the high quality of the FCU's output, including delivering robust QA and MI
- Identifying common screening trends and issues, assessing the root causes and recommending solutions to address them
- Being the senior liaison point for the resolution of complex/problematic issues with the business and operations colleagues across Globe
- Providing training to the FCU and wider business stakeholders as directed by the Group Head of Financial Crime
- Participating in financial crime reviews and projects as directed by the Group Head of Financial Crime
- Assisting in the planning and development of a more globalised model for sanctions screening across the MMC footprint
Technical Skills :
- Strong CDD, TPP DD, Sanctions, ABC and ML subject matter knowledge and experience. Whilst experience may have been gained outside the insurance sector, it is important the candidate can show flexibility in their thinking and apply the knowledge to the different challenges posed by the insurance broking world.
- Strong experience of screening tools and dealing with complex potential false positives to establish whether an actual risk is present.
- Regulatory and Compliance
- Excellent presentation and MS office power point skills
- Strong Managerial and team building skills, who can keep a team highly motivated and functioning efficiently
- Experience of developing and delivering training
- Excellent communication skills, including clear and accurate written communication
- Experience of dealing with international internal customers
- Experience of developing and delivering meaningful management information
- Structured and rigorous approach
- Collaborative working style
- Problem solving and analytical skills and the ability to be comfortable with grey areas and taking a balanced, risk-based view
- Strong planning, communication and execution skills
Preferred Candidate Profile :
- 13+ years of post-qualification experience in Financial Services, Banking, Investments, Insurance, working in senior risk and compliance roles within complex global organisations
- Relevant Experience of KYC, third party, sanctions & AML
- Experience of managing teams and matrix reporting
- Experience in designing and implementing Financial Crime Risk management and Governance framework
- Past experience in dealing with regulators (desirable)
Education / Qualification :
- CA/MS/MBA would be preferred
- Certification in Risk Management
- Certification / Diploma in Financial Crime or AML /or professionally associated with the ACAM/ ACFCS or other financial crime compliance community