Marsh & McLennan - Manager - Cyber Risk Consulting (8-12 yrs)
- Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. In todays increasingly uncertain global business environment, Marsh helps clients to thrive and survive.
- We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and people. With 76,000 colleagues worldwide and annual revenue approaching $17 billion, Marsh & McLennan Companies also include global leaders Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman.
- Marsh Advisory is the consultative branch of Marsh, which operates internationally and provides solutions in the increasing needs of our clients to implement risk management programs within their organization.
- Marsh Advisory helps companies to change their risk profiles so they can improve resiliency, reduce claims, and minimize the total cost of risk. Businesses today regularly tackle multiple challenges; whether facing property and casualty, cyber, reputational, or other risks, Marsh Advisory can help.
- The global Cyber Risk Consulting (CRC) practice of Marsh Advisory supports customers to understand, estimate and mitigate cyber risks. This role is open in Marsh McLennan Global Services (MMGS) a global in-house center for MMC Group.
- The MMGS in Mumbai has a function called Knowledge Services which supports the MMC group by providing specialized services. Under the Knowledge Services function, there is Marsh Advisory team which supports the global clients and colleagues, this role will initiate a new service line for Marsh Advisory team in Mumbai, which entails supporting the CRC colleagues in execution of the cyber consulting projects.
- The incumbent in the role Manager Cyber Risk Consulting will partner with the CRC leaders in Asia, Middle East, South Africa and Pacific, for delivery of the practice's value proposition in the regions. The roles commercial contribution is essential in partnering with the onshore CRC leaders in building sales strategy, developing proposals and supporting delivery of consulting services.
- This role will provide complete support to delivery of the desired deliverables as per the agreed scope of work with the client, and provide an efficient delivery model for Marsh CRC practice. The role will also play key role in project management of multiple consulting projects in-pipeline and ensure the team reporting to him/her is trained to deliver as per the expected quality framework.
- Act as reference point for the onshore CRC leaders based in Asia, Middle East, Africa and Pacific within Marsh and lead the CRC delivery team in Mumbai to ensure timely and accurate submission of required deliverables related to cyber risk consulting
- As a part of Global CRC Leadership team, continuously work towards design and review the Marsh Advisory approach to cyber security;
- Partner with the CRC onshore leaders to shape and define a coherent sales strategy and support its implementation;
- Collaborate across the Marsh (Global and Regional) community and provide expert input and contributions where necessary;
- Develop security frameworks, policies and procedures that provide adequate information systems protection
- Support in end-to-end delivery of the cyber risk consulting projects which includes cyber risk assessment, cyber risk strategy, cyber security initiatives, cyber risk quantification and others
- Contribute in research support for building a robust CRC practice deliverables, and ensure standardization being the only central team for the regions
- Identify, prioritize and manage multiple Cyber Risk Consulting opportunities and projects through to their timely completion as required;
- Select, hire and manage expectations of assigned resources;
- Delivery of the projects would be done remotely, with few travel opportunities for strategy meetings and complex projects
- Ability to present the complex cyber deliverables in a simple manner to key clients and stakeholders
- Build and maintain strong relationships with larger Knowledge Services team in Mumbai which offer support to Advisory and Brokerage colleagues using research and analytics services
Desired Skills and Experience :
The candidate must possess the following attributes :
- 8 to 10 years professional experience in cybersecurity consulting domain in Big 4 or boutique firms;
- One or more of the Cyber Professional security certifications (e.g. CISA, CISM, CISSP, CRISC, CBCP) is mandatory;
- The candidate should be preferably leading the Information Security team of a MNC
- A proven track record in delivering cyber security projects;
- Strong analytical problem solving skills and experience, ideally gained in the management-consulting sector although other sectors could be relevant;
- Experience in leading multiple projects from inception to completion with high quality of delivery in a complex and challenging environment;
- Smart, collaborative, relationship and outcome focused with the ability to make decisions where ambiguity exists;
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment in the prioritization of competing work assignments, escalation of issues and the formulation of solutions;
- Effective organization skills with key attention to detail and delivery of high quality documentation with the ability to implement/influence change;
- Strong sense of business ethics and principles;
- Graduate or Post-Graduate degree in Computer Science & Engineering.
- Excellent English language skills, both verbal and written with the ability to communicate technical matters to a non-technical audience.
- Project management tool Microsoft Project experience will be a plus
- Fluency in additional languages constitutes an advantage.