Marsh & McLennan - Manager - Catastrophe Modelling (10-15 yrs)
Division : Knowledge Services
Department : Marsh Risk Analytics
Sub- Department : Catastrophe Modelling
Job Title : Manager - Catastrophe Modelling
Reports to : Senior Manager - Marsh Risk Analytics
Grade : L2
Span of Control : 5 to 7 DRs
Job Purpose :
- The role is to support Marsh business unit on Catastrophe Modelling and post-modelling Analytics.
- In this position, you will lead a team of analysts and consultants to achieve client objectives by analysing client data with a variety of software tools. You will play a key role in understanding the characteristics of each catastrophe model and their impact on risk exposures and contributing to the development of intellectual capital of Marsh
Principal Accountabilities :
1. Delivery Management :
- Accountable for ensuring smooth and timely delivery with at most quality for all the Marsh across the globe by providing Cat Analytics support using the models RMS/AIR/RQE/Sunstone
- Be the point of contact for all the business leaders and act as a liaison between business and team in delivering top class work
- Handle 5+ large/complex accounts with understanding on all the intricacies and client requirements.
- Drive the team to provide an extensive support in RFPs/New Business and be the core part of the same
- Design, Implement and enhance the MIS reporting there by providing regular insights/asks to the senior management based on the MIS
- Drive the quality of the work by designing and performing the robust two stage review process
- Ensure the controls are in place both from business and R&C perspective
2. Stakeholder Management :
- Establish a relation with the stakeholder and drive the conversations from Mumbai aspect.
- Develop the role of a influencer in all management and strategic aspects of the team
- Challenge the status quo on the existing ways of working and propose new ways to achieve more efficiency
3. People Management :
- Be the go to person for the team for all the aspects (technical, strategic and managerial)
- Manage performance of the team by setting standards for performance and motivating team to achieve beyond these standards
- Coach and mentor the team members to bridge their capability gaps for the current and future needs of the business
- Help the senior management team in creating opportunities to the team members both internal and external
- Plan and implement engagement activities
- Minimise attrition and maintain a positive E-SAT score
4. Innovation :
- Collaborate with the other KS/global teams on bespoke/new ideas for the business and demonstrate the power of collaboration
- Be the champion for innovation of products/solutions
5. Foresight :
- Identify new areas of opportunity and always try to expand services to new business divisions/regions
- Prepare for uninterrupted business support in all circumstances
Operating Environment :
- Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face.
- We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world.
- To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth.
- Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide
Subordinates :- Provide overall direction to the direct DRs
Superiors :- Frequent meetings with the reporting manager to discuss people, process and progress
Others Within the company : Regular interactions with all the stakeholders
Outside the company : As and when required with Vendors
Person Specifications :
Essential : Engineering or Advanced Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or MBA or relative fields
Desirable : Professional courses like Are, CPCU etc.,
Work Qualifications :
Essential : 10+ years of experience with in Catastrophe Modelling especially in primary insurance or reinsurance domain
Essential : Basics of Insurance/Reinsurance
Desirable : Industry Certifications
Essential : Experience in Data Analytics/Insurance/Reinsurance/Modeling firms
Desirable : Retail Modelling and Risk Engineering is a plus
Essential : Deep Knowledge on CAT analytics tools like RMS/AIR/RQE and hands on dealing with global insurance/reinsurance companies
Skills & Abilities :
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Passion to learn, ability to understand and apply Mathematical, Economical and Statistical concepts.
- Attention to details. Ability to understand and manipulate data quickly and creatively.
- Ability to respond to changing priorities and manage time efficiently.
- CAT modeling softwares - RMS/AIR/RQE and Data management skills like MS Access and SQL
Desirable: Data Analytics tools like R, Python would be a plus
Essential : Familiarity with Excel, Access and SQL
Desirable : VBA and advanced programming skills like python, R would be a plus