Marsh & McLennan - Assistant Manager - Learning & Development - Content Design (4-8 yrs)
Division : Human Resources
Department : Human Resources
Sub- Department Talent Management & Employee Engagement
Job Title : Assistant Manager - Learning & development
Reports to : DM - L&D
Span of Control : Individual Contributor
Job Purpose :
- To design content for classroom and blended learning modules post identifying business needs.
- Align learning strategy to business context by coordinating with key stakeholders and subject matter experts. Use varied learning approaches to make learning transfer impactful and sustainable. If need be facilitate workshops for L1 and L2 level population.
Job Dimensions :
Job Complexity : Work is performed independently under general direction and is assigned in terms of specific objectives to be achieved.
Communication Skills :
- Interpret/Develop - Interprets information and is able to articulate and create/curate content based on information from SMEs.
- Connects with stakeholder regularly to understand business needs and customize learning interventions.
Financial Impact : Indirect accountability to functional budget or costs.
Geographical Impact : All Business Unit in India
Principle Accountabilities :
Content and instructional design :
- Gather needs and create macro learning design
- Do research and create content for various lines of business
- Creation of content based on instructional design and adult learning principles.
- Use variety of design approaches to create maximum impact example game based, video based, experiential to name a few.
- Create/curate content for various learner group based on their needs.
- Ability to work on authoring tools like Storyline/ Articulate
- Drive new age learning methods like E-learning modules, gamification and quizzes
- Leverage in-house applications like Challenger and Career Navigator to assess current competence and key gaps
Stakeholder Interaction :
- Be a business partner for all learning and capability development needs.
- Liaison with stakeholder and SMEs to gather inputs while designing customized learning interventions.
- Curating content to create customized learning plans for specific roles
- Assist in creating learning calendar and learning paths for identified learner groups
- Improving learning interventions based on stakeholder and participant feedback
- Contribute towards showcasing and highlighting impact of learning activities through L&D dashboard
- Facilitation conduct workshops for L1 level population as and when needed
Manage BAU :
- Managing learning activities on LMS
- Vendor Management (Need Based)
Others Within the company :
- Need based interaction with all employees, SMEs and Managers for discussions, information sharing.
Outside the company : Training vendors, other vendors and service providers
Person Specifications :
Education Essential : Graduate in any stream
Desirable : ID certified
Work Qualifications Essential : Experience of 4+ years in L&D as ID professional building content for classroom and e-learning platforms.
Desirable : Insurance Industry Background, Facilitation skills
Training Essential : Trained in Instructional Design, Articulate, Adobe Captivate, e-learning, mobile apps
Experience Essential : 4+ years of experience in L&D working in a medium to large sized service organization. Should have strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
Knowledge Essential : Learning methodologies, learning tools, instruction design, new technologies, authoring tools
Desirable : Financial or Insurance Domain Knowledge
Skills & Abilities Essential :
- Creative thinking and Design Skills
- Ability to prioritize and implement projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Relationship building and negotiation abilities
- Ability to work against timelines effectively
Desirable : Facilitation skills, graphic design skills etc