HR Recruiter at New Avenues Consulting
Views:228 Applications:44 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:24
Market Surveillance Role - BFS (3-9 yrs)
We have a job opportunity with our client(Permanent position).
If you are interested in this opening, then you can share your updated Resume.
Please find below Job Description:
Profile- Market Surveillance
Experience Required- 3-9 years
Job Location- Noida
Successfully balance the following responsibilities:
1) The person filling the role is responsible for being model validator for a wide range of models including Fraud, Anti Money Laundering (AML) or Market Surveillance(MS) etc. for different asset classes (e.g. Equity, FICC, Credit, MACRO etc) and product classes cash/derivative/FX orders, cash/derivative/FX trades, CDS/SPG trades, FI Bonds Credit etc. A strong focus on Market surveillance models and strategy
2) Provide independent review (IR) and challenge of different aspects of model (conceptual soundness, model performance etc.) across different model types (Fraud, AML or MS) to a high degree of depth, as required by and detailed in the Banks policies and standards. This role will be part of Group Risk IVU team
3) Provide input to/support the governance and reporting processes related to model risk management
What will you be doing?
1. Independent review and challenge
a. Work on independent review of diversified set of models Market Surveillance, Anti Money Laundering or Fraud models/strategy.
b. Risk assessment for different market abuse theme such as insider information, market manipulation, conflict of interest etc. Hands-on knowledge of different market surveillance scenarios.
c. Perform technical analyses, data analyses, benchmarking, build challenger models (if needed) to support the validation review and challenge process
d. Must be able to challenge others and be open to challenge. Should seek direction on which issues are material but have own views on this also
e. Produce high quality model validation reports, with a particular focus on noting limitations, weaknesses and assumptions
f. Self-study of developments in modelling and validation techniques
g. Should have Anti Money Laundering and Market Surveillance knowledge
2. Governance and Reporting
a. Review regulatory requirements (e.g. MAR, MiFID) to ensure compliance with different external regulations
b. Support the development and review conformance with appropriate policies including Group Model Risk policy
What were looking for:
- Experience in a modeller/validator/strategy role in the Market Surveillance, Anti Money Laundering or Fraud areas
- Strong analytical skills with experience in developing, validating and risk management of models
- Should have relevant experience in analytical industry. Hands-on experience in the use of statistical packages, such as SAS, R, Python. Expert user of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office tools
- Knowledge and experience in developing or validating predictive machine learning models (e.g. Random Forests, Gradient Boosted Machines and Deep Neural Networks etc.) on large data sets in Hadoop environments using tools such as Python, Spark and MLLib
- Good communication and influencing skills, ability to produce high quality written communication for technical and non-technical audiences
- Highly organised in terms of documentation and follow through
- An ability to identify and analyse appropriate external data sources for model development or validation
- Experience in building or validating Market Surveillance, Anti Money Laundering or fraud models/strategy
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Ability to work in a high performing team, and the ability to work and liaise with others in a diverse team
- Relevant experience in a modeller/validator role in the financial services industry
- Certification in Machine Learning
- Experience developing or validating the latest machine learning models (e.g. Random Forests, Gradient Boosted Machines and Deep Neural Networks etc.) in a financial services company
- Experience in a modeller/validator role in the banking industry
New Avenues Consulting