Head - Talent Acquisition at The Manipal Group
Views:3874 Applications:292 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:96
Manipal Group - Senior Role - Logistics & Distribution (10-25 yrs)
To understand, organize & monitor the entire supply chain system with regards to transportation, material movement, warehousing for appropriate distribution of goods & raw materials to ensure the right products are delivered to the right location on time in a cost effective manner
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Direct inbound and outbound logistics operations, such as transportation activities, safety performance, logistics quality management.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems and processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting and shipping.
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports & exports and customer issues.
- Maintain metrics, reports, process documentation, customer service logs, training and safety records.
- Supervise the work of logistics specialists, planners and schedulers.
- Direct and coordinate comprehensive logistical and reverse logistical functions for product life cycles including acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery, recycling, reuse and final disposal of resources.
- Review all logistics reports for ways to improve efficiency & minimize environmental impact of logistics activities.
- Negotiate with vendors and customers to improve supply chain efficiency and sustainability.
- Direct distribution center operation to ensure achievement of cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness objectives.
- Negotiate transportation rates and services.
- Analyze financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes/ mixes & carriers
- Recommend optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment and frequency.
- Monitor product import & export processes to ensure compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Participate in carrier management processes, such as selection, qualification and performance evaluation.
- Develop risk management programs to ensure continuity of supply in emergency scenarios.
- Plan and implement improvements to internal & external logistics systems and processes.
- Analyze all aspects of corporate logistics to determine cost-effective & efficient means of transporting products/ supplies
- Create policies and procedures for all logistics related activities.
- Communicate freight transportation information to customers & suppliers, using transportation management, electronic logistics marketplace and freight information systems to improve efficiency, speed and quality of transportation services.
- Establish and monitor specific logistics based performance measurement systems.
- Implement specific customer requirements, such as internal reporting and customized transportation metrics.
- Ensure carrier compliance with company policies and procedures for product transit or delivery.
- Train shipping department personnel in roles or responsibilities regarding global logistics strategies.
Skills Required :
- Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people and/ or goods by air, rail, sea or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
Administration and Management :
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods.
Production and Processing :
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
Customer and Personal Service :
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
Personnel and Human Resources :
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
Law and Government :
- Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
Economics and Accounting :
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.