Head - Talent Acquisition at The Manipal Group
Views:8778 Applications:426 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:162
Manipal Group - Product Manager (2-5 yrs)
Roles & Responsibilities
This includes managing the product / service throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product / service and customer requirements, defining the product / service vision, product / service planning, product / service marketing. It also includes ensuring (a) revenue, (b) margin (c) profit and (d) customer satisfaction goals are met - just like a sub-SBU. The responsibility would be for existing products / services or / and developing new products / services for the company. PM will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on study of industry and contact with customers and prospects. The PM must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a bigpicture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. PM must enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
PM must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. PM will work with R&D to define product release requirements, define go-to-market strategies with SBU & Marketing, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. PM will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for the product / service offering, often working with the sales force and key customers. A product manager's key role is strategic, not tactical. The other organizations will support PM's strategic efforts; you won't be supporting their tactical tasks.
The Product Manager's job also includes ensuring that the product and marketing efforts support the company's overall strategy and goals.
The Product Manager is expected to:
1. Define the product / service strategy and roadmap
2. Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
3. Driving a solution set across functions (primarily R&D, SBU and Marketing / Sales Team) through market requirements, product contract, and positioning.
4. Specifying market requirements with justification for current and future products / services by internal & external market information & market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
5. Be an expert with respect to the competition
6. Develop the overall customer value proposition along with our differentiation & competitive positioning
7. Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
8. Develop sales tools and collateral - generic & specific segment / customer PPTs, e-brochure
9. Set pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals
10. Deliver a monthly revenue forecast
11. Propose an overall budget to ensure success
12. Brief and train the sales force
13. Create press and analysts brief as required
14. Work with external third parties to assess partner relationships
15. Act as a leader within the company
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.